Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Christmas Quilts in the Rafters

I hope you had a blessed Christmas celebration with friends and families.

I don't do much Christmas decorating, several nativities are usually the extent of decorating. We haven't had a Christmas tree in years. No one enjoyed cleaning up the needles and artificial trees just look fake. Some years I have poinsettias but not this year, this year I have Christmas quilts in the rafters.

The front quilt is Peppermint Pines.

Here is a link for the Peppermint Pines pattern.

Behind Peppermint Pines is Christmas Stars.

Here is the link to the Christmas Stars tutorial. And yes, I did hang this quilt so the mistake is on the backside but I've found another mistake on this side facing the front door. It's there in the picture, finding it should keep you entertained if you enjoy puzzles. Oh well, I've never claimed to be perfect.

The green and red chain quilt is Wintersweet.

Here is the pattern link for Wintersweet. I did alter the pattern by finishing the chain out to the edge.

I've realized I like chain quilts!

I'm not able to take a picture of all three quilts at the same time.

Sweet Kisses is on the back of the couch but it doesn't scream Christmas quilt at you. 

The pattern for Sweet Kisses is here.

Linking to To Do Tuesday, Midweek Makers, Wednesday Wait Loss, Put Your Foot Down


13 comments:

Michele McLaughlin said...

Gorgeous! What a wonderful way to fill your home with Christmas spirit! Thank you for all the inspiration you provide!

Linda said...

I love all of your beautiful quilts, and now I want to put in faux rafters so I can hang my quilts - lol! I think my favorite might be the chain - I am very fond of chain quilts - but I also love Sweet Kisses.
This was our first year without a tree, as we sold our lighted one on Facebook Marketplace last summer. Honestly we did just fine without it, as it's the lights that I enjoy the most, and I have 3 lighted displays in our living room. But I'm ready to put it all away now!

Linda said...

Thank you for sharing the patterns!!

Donna said...

Great way to decorate! Beautiful quilts!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

nice to have a rafter to hang quilts from!

Jenny said...

Dont they look great ha ging from the rafters. But how do they get there, I imagine ladders are involved?

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

What a fun way to display them! I love chain quilts as well and I have made two of those peppermint pines quilts--one is currently on the back of my sofa and is one of my faves: https://livelylatte.blogspot.com/2021/01/january-monthly-goal-and-bonus.html
I made the other (also on my blog) just last year but sold it. I've been contemplating making another!

Jennifer Fulton Inquiring Quilter said...

What a wonderful way to decorate for the holidays! You have a great collection of quilts for Christmas. Have a great New Year! Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss. https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/12/27/wednesday-wait-loss-360

grammajudyb said...

Amazing display of quilts. I have one Christmas quilt, and it’s on the stairway railing. Chain quilts are wonto look at!

dq said...

How wonderful it is to have such a perfect place to hang them as long as you have a tall person and a ladder.

Marsha Cooper said...

Beautiful house, that is so awesome!

Podunk Pretties said...

Your quilts are so festive and beautiful! Wintersweet and Peppermint Pines are both on my bucket list.

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Thanks for sharing your quilts in the rafters, Gretchen!!! I enjoyed that! Blessing in the new year!