I'm on a mission to use the orphan blocks in the orphan box. After finishing Orange Sherbet, I pulled the flippy corners and pieced a small quilt with them, Orange Sorbet.
The HST's were already sewn but needed to be sliver trimmed to 2.75". It took me all day to trim all these blocks!
The broken dishes were arranged and sewn into a crib quilt which measures 35".
The narrow gray border is the same gray fabric used in orange sherbet. I didn't have enough of any one peach colored fabrics for an outside border so I mitered strips and made scrappy outside borders.
Obviously we had snow when I took the above picture. March has been a crazy weather month.
The colors in the bottom picture are more true to color. After looking closely at this photo, I see the bottom right block is turned the wrong direction. I am NOT going to change it!
I used leftover blocks in the backing.
I originally posted about Orange Sorbet here.
Since I wrote all the above, orange sorbet has been quilted. I used the curvy line idea I see in Preeti's blog. I used white Guterman polyester thread for quilt but it doesn't show very well on the fabrics.
While quilting, I noticed there are several blocks turned incorrectly. Oh well.
I had originally planned to donate the little quilt to The Center for their B.A.B.E. program but I sent this quilt and the sunny lanes quilt along with my SIL to be used by cancer patients during their chemo treatments.