I am moving on from making charity quilts, now I'm going to finish some unfinished quilts. The project I'm highlighting today has never been started so technically it is not an UFQ but it has waited so long.
Many years ago I purchased a fabric panel at Yoder Department store, the information on the selvage is Caught Up In Stitches 2006 RJR Fabrics. I did make a slight attempt to find the panel online but had no luck, you may try if you're interested.
I showed my purchase to a friend and she told me it would be lovely if I embroidered over the printing. Yes Elaine, that would be lovely but I've had this panel over 10 years. Embroidery just isn't going to happen so I'm turning this panel into a quilt.
There are 10 different designs which I've cut 7.5" by 8". Yes, that's a weird size but that's what I came up with. There is also a very pretty butterfly panel which runs the full WOF. Here are pictures of the 10 designs.
My project has been sewn into a flimsy and this is what I came up with. I didn't have a pattern, I created my own very simple design.
It's hard to see the designs on the blocks, that's why I showed you the individual blocks earlier. She measures 71.5" by 80".
A close up of the lovely butterfly border that was on the panel. I had just enough to make four borders.
I had to take a picture in the snow, it's not going to last much longer.
I took the quilt pictures on Sunday, February 28. All that is left of the snow is a few dirty piles.
The picture below is the same place I took the picture of the quilt lying in the snow.
The sledding hill is almost bare. If you look closely, you can see an orange speck up to the top. That's the plastic sleds waiting to be put away. The gate will be shut once this snow pile melts.