A year ago I had big quilting plans for 2022. I was really going to sew those quilts that had been on the sometime list. A lot of them didn't happen, so what do I have planned for 2023?
I'm not going to attempt to be as ambitious as I wanted to be a year ago. The for sure projects are . . .
1. Lady Jane is the quilt designated for hand quilting. She needs to be marked then put into the hand quilting frame. The backing is waiting and wool batting will be used. She will be quilted with white thread.
2. Hearts & Wreaths - The borders need to be marked and then the vine embroidering will start. After that, the leaves will be appliqued.
3. Make some Christmas quilts. I've already pulled fabrics and put them with patterns.
4. I'm NOT going to start any new projects for the RSC this year. I have 3 projects that need to be finished from last year, Star Dance, Dancing Stars and Scrappy Sprouts. Hopefully these will be completed this year.
4. There are several small quilts that are to be machine quilted by me.
5. Maybe this will be the year Writer's Block happens, this quilt has been waiting for so long.
Writer's Block is the from Red, White, and Sometimes Blue book. I cut strips for this quilt four years ago but never found the time to actually sew anything. Of course my quilt is going to be blue & white. The background fabric was purchased earlier this year. It's a soft white with a gray dot.
I don't know why it's named Writer's Block, the design reminds me of a variation of the Burgoyne Surrounded design. I plan to add an applique border.
6. Finish at least 2 UFQ's besides the RSC projects. There are several.
I think this is a manageable list. We'll see what has happened by the end of 2023.
Linking to Put Your Foot Down, TGIFF!, Peacock Party, Whoop Whoop Party, Finished or Not Friday, Off the Wall Friday, Patchwork & Quilts