I made a list last December of challenges for the year 2022. Now at the end of 2022, I'm reviewing how many of those challenges I've met. I'll be posting about those challenges all week. As I said in my last post, moving into a new house slowed down the quilting progress.
This post is about challenges 6 - 10. Click on the title of each number to follow a link to a post.
6. School auction flimsy - I decided to combine #2 with #6 and pieced a Blue Ridge Beauty. She is in the process of being hand quilted for the 2023 school auction.
7. Finish ongoing RSC projects -
Star Dance - All the shoofly blocks have been pieced but no progress since. Hopefully a 2023 finish.
Scrappy Sprouts - All of the blocks are pieced but no progress since, maybe in 2023?
Dancing Stars - Again nothing, still in the bag, maybe in 2023?
I've decided I can't start anymore RSC projects until these 3 are finished.
8. Welsh Beauty - hand quilting - The challenge I had issued last December was to be halfway finished with the hand quilting by May. I actually reached the halfway point in March but I finished the hand quilting in October!
9. Hearts & Wreaths Applique quilt - All of the blocks for the center have been appliqued. Now I need to prep the borders. The borders will take at least a year to applique.
10. UFQ's (unfinished quilts) - Finish at least 1 of them.
Several UFQ's were finished.
A. Another String X flimsy. I did think about keeping this quilt for our own use but then decided to donate it to be knotted for a comforter.
B. Indian Hatchet - I love this quilt. This one is staying here for our own use.
C. Arrowhead Blocks - This is a small quilt that I've machine quilted. He has gone to a nursing home for use as a lap quilt.
I think I've completed other UFQ's but these were the main ones I thought of.