Saturday, June 11, 2022

Scrappy Sprouts

Three dark blue blocks for scrappy sprouts have been pieced. I want to add dark blocks to the blocks I've accumulated so far.





I've arranged the blocks on the display floor. I didn't have room for the green blocks. I don't have any deep dark green blocks but I think it would work to add some of the darker blocks to the bottom of the green row.

I need to piece deep purple blocks and perhaps some dark grays. I've tried blending some of the colors together like the pink/red row and the yellow/orange row. 

I don't know if I like mixing the orange and  yellow blocks together like I did. Here is another view with the colors separated. I also added a red block to the bottom. I like this arrangement better. I'm going to have to blend more of these blocks together. I don't want my quilt to be wider than it is longer.

I'll keep playing with these blocks, hopefully these blocks will be sewn into a flimsy by the end of the year.

The general directions for Scrappy Sprouts are found here.

Linking to Scrap Happy Saturday, Patchwork & Quilts, Oh Scrap

13 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

those sure would be pretty with a big sunflower at the top of each of those!

Ivani said...

Beautiful dark blue were add to your collection.
All the sprouts look great together.

Sherrie said...

Hi,
Love those scrappy sprouts....so pretty.
Have a great day!

Jennifer said...

your sprouts are fantastic! one of these RSC years i'm going to make one, too!

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

What a cute RSC project!!! I love your blending!!!

Jenny said...

Pretty sprouts, I like all the different shades together.

Vireya said...

I am also making Scrappy Sprouts blocks, so it is interesting to see how yours are coming together. They look great!

Kirsten said...


Great sprouts. Looks like a fun quilt.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Those sprouts are making a fun quilt! Love the blue addition!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

I love where this project is headed. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Grams Jean said...

Love those ombre vines. Making a Jack n the Beans Stalk quilt, without the giant?

Chookyblue...... said...

the blocks look good.......the yellow orange row looks better with the colours washing thru like in the second pic but maybe you don't need the red one then????

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Lovely colors, fun blocks!