Friday, June 24, 2022

Churn Dash SAL

Since Wildflower Woods is a flimsy, I can make progress on other projects. So far 16 churn dash blocks have been pieced for Chooky Blue's SAL

I do have the HST's cut for 14 more HST's. It was very fast to cut the pieces using the GO!Me cutter. I'm going to need a total of 50 blocks.


I didn't realize how much pink and brown fabrics I had in the civil war tub until I started rummaging through it. I had planned to make my churn dash blocks in a variety of colors but I've changed my mind.

All of the HST blocks are brown fabrics and the sides are going to be pink fabrics. There will be a variety of background fabrics.

My friend Deanna gave me a bunch of civil war fabrics before she moved to Utah. I had forgotten how fabric there was.

The blocks finish at 9".

Linking to
 Peacock Party, TGIFF!, Finished Or Not Friday, Off the Wall Friday, Patchwork & Quilts

10 comments:

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

I love your blocks! Going to be a pretty reproduction quilt.

Kathi Clower said...

I looove reproduction fabrics almost as much as my honey and how do you like your Go cutter you won? Are you enjoying it??? I have pondered getting a couple dies and try them in my cuttlebug cutter which is a similar size but wasn’t sure how I would like the sideways slant of the dies…. Your thoughts on this is appreciated! Kathi

Jenny said...

You are certainly churning out those Churn Dash blocks!

chrisknits said...

Love the decision to go with a color scheme! And Churn Dash is one of my favorite blocks!!

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Gretchen, those are very lovely blocks. I love the reproduction fabrics. Take care.

Tazzie said...

Your churn dash blocks are just lovely, pink and brown in one of my favourite repro colour combinations!
Hugs, Tazzie xox

Grams Jean said...

I can see from your color combination that this will be a stunning quilt. Love your progress on this.

Rose Marie said...

I like your blocks and how you have used two different fabrics per block .... a good way to use up smaller pieces.

Chookyblue...... said...

oh your blocks are looking great Gretchan.....pink and brown look great together....

Nancy said...

I love pink and brown together and I think these look wonderful. It's fun to see a range of pinks, from pale to nearly red/rose.