Instead of starting a new quilt, I've decided to finish up some of the UFQ's starting with the red string X quilt. I posted about this project back in March. Now it is finished.
I didn't have enough of mom's darker red fabric to finish the quilt so I pulled a lighter dark red.
I was afraid this quilt would be dark and dreary since I used these old dark red fabrics but they play nice with the more colorful fabrics used in the blocks.
I had planned to donate this flimsy to be knotted then donated as a charity comforter. When the farmer saw the picture on my phone, he really like it. That surprised me, he's not one for bright quilts. This flimsy will now be sticking around our house for awhile, it's in the to be quilted closet.
It finishes at 60.5" by 81.5". It ought to be nice and warm, the blocks were pieced using muslin as a foundation then cut to size.
String X is a Bonnie Hunter pattern and can be found on her website here.
If you linked to the post about this quilt back in March, you read about the Indiana hatchet quilt. I'm still making blocks for that quilt. Indian hatchet has moved to the top of the list. I'm going to piece the squares until I have enough to finish the quilt.