Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Another Squirrel

Cathy, from Sane, Crazy, Crumby Quilts, is all the time coming up with quilt blocks that I've never heard of. She's done it again, this time with blocks called Horizon. She's made 3 small quilts with the blocks.

Of course I had to stop what I was working on and piece a couple blocks to have a sample to look at. I have lots of Kona fabrics so that's what I used.I also decided I'm going to use black for contrast in all of the blocks.

Cathy gave the size of the pieces she cut but she didn't say where she cut the large rectangle to insert the contrast fabric. I cut the rectangle at 3.5".

My favorite of Cathy's 3 quilts is the one where she alternated the contrast section so that is what I plan to do. 

So far only 2 blocks have been pieced but there will be more coming, someday. This will be a great project to piece at a retreat, it doesn't involve much thinking.

For now those 2 blocks are hanging out on the design wall with the other squirrels.

8 comments:

Ray and Jeanne said...

Looks like a great quilt to use some of my scraps! Of course it would be great from yardage too! ~Jeanne

maggie fellow said...

I put this on my list too - I am glad to watch you make a beauty out of this one

Linda said...

What a gorgeous design wall! Your squirrels all look good together. ;)
Thank you for joining with us at To Do Tuesday!

Vicki in MN said...

There are a lot fun designs hanging out on your design wall. I loved Cathy's simple block too, it's on my someday list.

Rebecca Grace said...

I made a quilt for my nephew last year with blocks like what your friend is calling “Horizons.” Mine was from the 3rd edition of the Quilts! Quilts! Quilts! Book by Laura McClun. It came together VERY quickly and looked pretty cool when it was finished, considering how simple it was. It’s good to mix in easier projects between the ones that take years to complete!

Michelle said...

Thank you for sharing the Horizon blocks. I popped over to Cathy’s blog and pinned her post. And I’m so eager to see how yours turns out.

Jennifer Fulton Inquiring Quilter said...

Love looking at your design wall! Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

Rose Marie said...

I've started making those Horizon blocks a while back and keep cutting out bits and pieces to use as a leader/ender. I like the alternative layout as well.