Thursday, September 14, 2023

Sweet Kisses

The 3rd quilt Lori Null quilted for me is Sweet Kisses. I bought this pattern a year ago when Deanna and I attended the Garden of Quilts at Thanksgiving Point. You can buy the pattern here. I also bought several other patterns that haven't been pieced yet.

Sweet Kisses is a very scrappy quilt. I used a variety of fabrics for the background, white on white, grays and some creams. I also used some Christmas prints.

The snails trail design was used on this quilt. The curves are 1/2" apart. I don't like big designs, I think they make quilts look floppy. This design is closely quilted but the quilt is not stiff.

This quilt has a diagonal striped binding. It has more colors than green and red. I thought it was perfect for this scrappy quilt that has so many colors in it.


The backing of this quilt is very scrappy. The center part was purchased 20 plus years ago at an after Christmas sale. The top and bottom fabrics are from my mother's stash. I don't like them, I think they are dark and dreary but they are perfect for the back of a quilt.

My Sweet Kisses is 68" by 78". I'm not sure if this quilt will be displayed on a rafter or the back of the couch. I'll show you pictures in December.

Here is a link to other posts about Sweet Kisses.

Linking to Needle & Thread ThursdayPut Your Foot Down, TGIFF!, Peacock Party, Whoop Whoop Party, Finished or Not  Friday, Off the Wall Friday, Beauty Pageant, Patchwork & Quilts

20 comments:

loulee said...

Oh that is beautiful and I love the back too,

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

oh I do like this quilt - the color scattered over the neutral in little bits looks so good

Rose Marie said...

What a sweet quilt and the back is perfect!

Jenny said...

Sweet Kisses looks so nice, the curvy quilting certainly suits the quilt design.

Ray and Jeanne said...

This is such a sweet quilt! The binding is perfect for it! ~Jeanne

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Happy Thursday, Gretchen. This quilt is a stunner! And the quilting design is perfect and gives it so much movement. Beautiful job.

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Beautiful scrap quilt finish, Gretchen! Great use of fabrics on hand for the backing! I like the quilting, too! I agree about floppy quilting. A stiff quilts has more to do about batting than quilting.

Vicki in MN said...

Fabulous neutral scrap buster!

Preeti said...

This is where all the low-volume fabrics got together to party and then all the magic happened! Gorgeous finish. So simple and so beautiful!

Anne-Marie said...

I've enjoyed seeing all your finishes lately. Your quilting choices are outstanding and they are all beautiful.

grammajudyb said...

In agreement with the others! A great quilt! I love this pattern. And good use of the fabric from your mom’s stash.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

it is so sweet!!!
I really like the quilting she did on it - it allows your quilt to shine while giving it such great texture!! Nice Combo!!

Gwyned Trefethen said...

Charming! I love the hint of Christmas. The background fabrics suggest snow. Nicely done.

Susan said...

Oh, Gretchen I've found you! After being a very faithful follower of my blog, I didn't know you had one too! And what a beautiful quilt to be greeted with. I was over at Wendy's blog and spied this beauty! I love this and now I have your back catalog to pour over. :-))

Vivian said...

I love both the front and back! Just goes to show that even fabrics you don't like have something to contribute to a comfy quilt!

Anonymous said...

I love your scrappy quilt! The quilting is perfect and so is the binding. Gail at the Cozy Quilter

Anonymous said...

Love those Sweet Kisses! susie@susies-scraps com

maggie fellow said...

beautiful quilt

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Wow, your neutral background is gorgeous, what a beautiful play with lots of scraps, and the "kisses" are really popping up the quilt! Fun striped binding.
Thank you for sharing this beauty, and linking up!

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Love the quilting design and this quilt is so pretty! Very nice backing and so Pretty! Wonderful Christmas Quilt looking forward for the Christmas Hanging. Hugs