Sunday, September 17, 2023

Hearts & Wreaths

A LOT of applique happened this week and I finished the first long border, I just couldn't put it down! It was so much enjoyable to be back to my evening applique again.

I was hoping I would have these borders finished by the end of this winter, at this rate it will before then. 

Of course this border isn't completely finished. After the main applique is finished, I'll sew a long and short border onto the center then miter the corner. Then I'll need to finish the applique in the corner. That will take longer since I'll have the whole quilt wadded up in my lap. But a quilt on the lap is a good thing in the winter.

I won't have a completed border to show you next Sunday, the Michiana Mennonite Relief Sale is this Saturday and I'm helping with the quilts. I will be home in the evenings but I have a feeling I'll be too tired to stay awake and applique.

The quilts in the auction are finally online and you can view them here. (I've fixed the link, sorry about that! 😟) Scroll down the page to see the quilts. My quilt, 9 Patch Beauty is Lot 141. Not all the items in the auction are quilts, there are also comforters, afghans and other quilted items.

* * * * * *
Back in 2020 I finished hand quilting the Sweet Surrender quilt which I renamed Floral Triangles. Over the years I have received many emails inquiring where the pattern could be found. The place I ordered the pattern no longer carries it. I didn't know where to  purchase it.

I recently received an email from Sue who no longer blogs. She told me she ordered the pattern directly from Sue Cody at this email address dragonfly.studio@bigpond.com. Here is your chance to buy the pattern! I'm looking forward to seeing a lot more Sweet Surrender (Floral Triangles) quilts online now, happy stitching!

17 comments:

Kate said...

That is a lot of applique for one week! Looks gorgeous. Hope the sale does well and that maybe you can get in a few minutes of stitching before you crash.

Anonymous said...

I have a project with lots of appliqué leaves that I need to do for the next step. Your appliqué is gorgeous. Good luck with the auction. Sounds like a busy week. Gail at the Cozy Quilter.

CathieJ said...

Please fix the link to the quilt auction. I want to look at all those items. I love that border. I am glad you are enjoying your nightly hand-stitching.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I remember your quilt with the triangles it was a lovely one to follow along and see you make it is still one of my favorites that you have made.

Angela said...

Gorgeous applique!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Lovely quilts, I found them by navigating around the sale site. I know your group will earn a lot of money!

Quilter Kathy said...

Don't you just love it when you are enjoying time spent on a project so much that you can't leave it alone?!? The applique leaves are gorgeous!
So many lovely quilts are being auctioned at the relief sale, and such a good cause - I hope they raise lots of money!

Susan said...

Wow! What an awesome quilt auction to be involved in- over 200 quilts! Your contribution is lovely! I hope you raise lots of money for your good cause.

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Such beautiful, intricate quilts up for auction!!! Yours is a beauty, Gretchen!!! And your current appliqué--you're non-stoppable!!! What do you do while you're hand stitching? Asking for a friend!?! And yes, your mountain peaks quilt is a beauty, too!!!!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

You are moving right along on the applique Gretchen. It is looking beautiful . So many wonderful quilts up for auction. Have a great week.

Maggie said...

Dear Gretchen,

Wow, so much progress and beautiful quilts, flimsy and appliqué. Needless to say it is so incredibly impressive and the best part is the inspiration you gave all of us! Thank you for sharing your creative passion. Have an awesome week.

Sara said...

Floral Triangles is stunning! Love how the borders for the new quilt are coming together. I agree that a quilt in the lap in the winter is just wonderful.

Florida Farm Girl said...

Gretchen, I noticed yesterday that Susanne Cody has posted on her Instagram feed Dragonfly.studio that the Sweet Surrender pattern is still available.

JOY @ http://joysjotsshots.blogspot.com/ said...

I can see why you couldn't stop working on the leaf border. I'm sure it grew on you.

Brenda @ Songbird Designs said...

I'm really loving your applique border, Gretchen!! And that Floral Triangles quilt is AWESOME!! I hope it earns lots of money for your guild. It should!! Thanks for linking up with Monday Musings.

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Love those borders with the scrappy leaves! Great job! Hugs

Linda said...

Your applique is beautiful, and I love the quilt you have in the auction!