Friday, September 22, 2023

Scrappy Sprouts

The flowers for the Scrappy Sprouts quilt are pieced. I took the pictures outside so the colors are more true looking.

Here is the first arrangement.

Or they could arranged like this.

I'll probably move them around a dozen times before this quilt is finished.

I wasn't sure what to use for the green flower so I used this coleus as my inspiration. It has been my surprise plant for the summer. I had no idea this would grow to be so huge, I love it!

The flower pattern came from Preeti. She provided the pattern as part of her 2023 positivity quilt sew along. In an earlier post I had provided a link to the flower but that link no longer works. I knew when I saw the flower it would be perfect for my scrappy sprouts. Thank you Preeti! 

The next step is to fill space with neutrals to make all the columns the same height.

Here is a link to the pattern for Scrappy Sprouts.

Linking to Put Your Foot Down, TGIFF!, Peacock Party, Whoop Whoop Party, Finished or Not  Friday, Off the Wall Friday, Beauty Pageant, Patchwork & Quilts, Scrap Happy Saturday

15 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

looking good, I don't remember seeing this one on your blog

grammajudyb said...

You reminded me! I have a project box with Sprout blocks! They definitely need to become a quilt!

Robin said...

You quilt looks great and would look good with any arrangement.

Jenny said...

Sprouting flowers - looking good!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

This is going to be such a happy quilt. Enjoy your quilting time, Gretchen. Have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

A beautiful scrappy garden! Gail at the Cozy Quilter

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That is going to be so pretty!!! Love all the color in your!!!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Sweet flowers! I love the two-toned version, and the coleus is a great inspiration! Lovely layout, even if it's not the last one ;)
Thanks for sharing your work in progress, and linking up!

FlourishingPalms said...

Your Scrappy Sprouts strips look really good! I like how the value of each color progresses through the leaves. You're coming along great, and will end up with a lovely quilt.

The Joyful Quilter said...

A rainbow of scrappy Sprouts... LOVE!!!

Jan said...

It looks so pretty, a lovely use of scraps!

Nann said...

The colorful shoots are wonderful.

Quilting Gail said...

Your scrappy sprouts look great!
Thanks for linking to TGIFF!

Suzanne said...

I enjoyed seeing your quilt at the Relief Sale on Saturday, Gretchen. What a beautiful day it was! Congratulations on contributing $1500 to the worthy cause. I'm sure the new owners of your quilt are very happy. Suzanne

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Yours are the prettiest Scrappy Sprouts! I am sure that you will come up with a beauty!