Tuesday, December 5, 2023

Lady Bug Crib Quilt

One of the projects I sewed at retreat was this ladybug crib quilt. The components have been living in the retreat bag for several years as a just in case project. Just in case means if I finish the other projects that were brought along to sew.


I thought this ladybug fabric was so cute when I saw it at Carolines Cottage Cottons several years ago. I added other bright fabrics that I thought would look nice with it. 

Some quilters won't add black to baby quilts but I think black really make the colors pop. This quilt is really going to stimulate some baby's sensory development.

It will be quilted sometime this winter. I think I'll use spiral quilting, I haven't done that in some time. 

As of now, the quilt top measures 40" by 46". It will shrink during quilting. 


I'm adding the picture of the buggy next to a Christmas tree in the conference room lobby. I thought they look pretty. The Farmstead staff were arranging the decorations as we arrived, they do such a nice job.



9 comments:

Michele McLaughlin said...

I like the black with it. It's an adorable top!

Jenny said...

Lovely indeed! The spiral quilting will be fun, l havent done that in a while either.

Lin said...

Such a lovely bright and fun quilt. xx

Linda said...

Your ladybug crib quilt is so, so pretty! Love it against those decorations.

Ray and Jeanne said...

The ladybug fabric is adorable! I like how you used the black to pop the bright colors. Someone will love this. ~Jeanne

Marsha Cooper said...

My baby blanket bag was filled just waiting to work on them at one of the retreats.

Jennifer Fulton Inquiring Quilter said...

I agree--that black is just the right touch to really pop those colors and make the quilt so dynamic! That ladybug fabric is so adorable, this is going to be the best crib quilt! Love it.

Love the buggy too. You live in Amish country?

Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/12/6/wednesday-wait-loss-357

Anonymous said...

You have been busy! Your quilts are gorgeous and you certainly made good use of your time. Best wishes for the holidays. Susie

Chookyblue...... said...

nice quilt......whats the buggy inside for?