Thursday, August 31, 2023

Peppermint Pines

Several months ago I sent several quilts to Lori Null for long arm quilting. They're back!

Today's post is about the first of those quilts, Peppermint Pines. 

There is a narrow gray border around the outside edge of the quilt. It doesn't show very well in the above photo.

I always think the backside of a quilt looks so interesting, it's a shadow of the front! A white on white striped sheet was used. Lori said it quilted just fine.

There are several snowflakes in this picture, you have to look close though.

This finished quilt is 74" by 87". I'm not planning to wash it, there are no markings to remove.

The background fabric is a white on white print I found in my stash when we moved. 

Deanna made a Peppermint Pines quilt last fall at the Jane Stickle retreat. I thought it was so cute so I made one too! I plan to have a display of Christmas quilts hanging from the rafters this year.

You can find the pattern for Peppermint Pines here.

Linking to Needle & Thread ThursdayPut Your Foot Down, TGIFF!, Monthly Favorite Finish, Peacock Party, Whoop Whoop Party, Finished or Not  Friday, Off the Wall Friday, Beauty Pageant, Patchwork & Quilts

18 comments:

Connie Kauffman said...

Lovely!

Kathi Clower said...

I really love the colors of your pines and cross hatching with the rad meeting points… bet it was fun to make!
Kathi

cityquilter grace said...

such a pretty holiday quilt!

Maggie said...

Dear Gretchen,

It looks amazing and sometimes we just need to send quilts out to be quilted by a talented longarm quilter. Summer has. Flown by and we are very glad we are all alive and well. Take care.

Robin said...

I like the way the gray quietly enhances everything. Nice finish!

Jenny said...

Peppermint Pines looks so nice!

Ray and Jeanne said...

I really like this! Thanks for mentioning the narrow gray border - I missed it at first. This is a great finish and looks lovely!!! ~Jeanne

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Love the pine tree quilt finish! A Christmas quilt display from the rafters is a brilliant idea!!!!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Peppermint Pines looks amazing, Gretchen. It will be so lovely to have on display for the Winter season. I look forward to seeing your other quilts in future posts. Have a lovely holiday weekend.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Ohhhhh It looks amazing!! I love the snowflakes hidden in there!
Those pine tress are really cool!

Rose Marie said...

Sweet finish! Will you be showing us your Xmas quilts hanging from the rafters?

Anne-Marie said...

It's so beautiful.

Sheri said...

I love it!! I would love to see the quilts hanging from the rafters!

Gwyned Trefethen said...

What a charm quilt. It will look delightful hanging from the rafters during the holidays.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Your Peppermint Pines quilt is very pretty, I love the quilting too, and the backing is the perfect one! Very elegant quilt.
Thank you for sharing the first of the one that will return, and linking up!

Michelle @ From Bolt to Beauty said...

CUTE! It's one of those quilts with a holiday vibe without being super Christmassy, so you can use it all winter long. :)

denise said...

I love this, such a beautiful finish. Thank you for linking up.

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Another one I like! I can see the light grey 1" border! neat idea! Hugs