Sunday, April 30, 2023

Quilting Lady Jane

I've gotten behind in posting about quilting Lady Jane. Here are pictures before I rolled the last time.


Left side.


I don't know if you  noticed in the first picture so here is a close up. See that sideways V? That's the center of the quilt, I'm a little more than halfway finished!

Left side blocks.

Center applique.


Right side blocks.

Right side border.


You've probably noticed the pins at the top of the quilting. I've shown these before. Several people commented they would scratch themselves while quilting. After I roll and start quilting again, those pins are at the bottom of where I quilt. I take each one out before I quilt that line. I never get scratched. They're just markers to remind me where I stopped.

16 comments:

Michele McLaughlin said...

Looks gorgeous Gretchen!

CathieJ said...

Congrats on arriving at the halfway point of your quilting. That must feel very satisfying. I really like the quilting for this quilt.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Such a lovely quilt, beautiful job on the quilting.

Angela said...

What a gorgeous quilt!

LJ said...

Just plain "wonderful".

Rose Marie said...

As always, your quilting is beautiful!

Karrin Hurd said...

Beautiful quilting. I love this quilt!

Jenny said...

I always enjoy watching your quilting lines grow across your lovely quilts.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Lady Jane is magnificent, Gretchen. Your quilting is exquisite. Have a wonderful day working on this beauty.

Ray and Jeanne said...

Looks gorgeous! I like the idea of using straight pins to mark where you stop/need to begin. ~Jeanne

Kate said...

Congratulations on all the progress! It's such a beautiful quilt.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Just so very beautiful, Gretchen.

Esmé Slabbert said...

Gorgeous work, well done, keep it up and it will be a heirloom and masterpiece.
I visited you via Craftastic Monday Link Party
If you are not already part of SSPS, this is a personal invite to hop over and come and share your posts with us at Senior Salon Pit Stop, every Monday to Saturday.
See my entries: 38 and then navigate to the bottom of my page for the Senior Salon Pit Stop linkup, we hope to meet you there virtually.

time4stitchn said...

Your Lady Jane looks amazing. I keep checking out the pattern on Nancy Rink; it is so tempting to want to do the piecing and applique. I love all your projects for the last few weeks: the indian corn, the Guernsey cow, and the broken dish quilt. So many creative things! I am also contemplating the quilt show in June.

Linda said...

Hey that's a great idea about using pins to mark where you've been! Lady Jane is just beautiful.

Brenda @ Songbird Designs said...

It's looking beautiful, Gretchen! Thanks for linking up with Monday Musings!