Tuesday, May 2, 2023

Small Indian Hatchet Quilt

After I finished the Let's Pop Some Corn table runner, I trimmed the  Indian Hatchet blocks that were pieced over the winter. This quilt isn't going to be a large quilt like the one I pieced last summer.

I added the borders after I was home from retreat, she measures 32.5" square.

The blocks were pieced using this tutorial.

The outside border was fabric given to me to be used in charity quilts.

I pieced several other small quilts since I was home also. Backing and binding have been prepared for them, but since I miter my binding, those triangles keep accumulating.

I've started a new project to use the triangles. Pineapple blocks are definitely not a Leader/Ender project. 

For Leaders/Enders I'm sewing 1.5" squares together to eventually make foursies.

Linking to To Do Tuesday, Midweek Makers, Wednesday Wait LossNeedle & Thread Thursday, Put Your Foot Down

9 comments:

Ivani said...

The small Indian hatchet is lovely, Gretchen. I am having so much fun making mine. Again, thanks for the inspiration and tutorial. The scrap pineapple blocks are pretty. Have a great sewing week.

Linda said...

I like your smaller Indian hatchet, and I remember that big one you had on your sofa. Those pineapple blocks are gorgeous!

Deb said...

I do love a pineapple, and the little Indian hatchet is so adorable. Have a great week sewing!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Your small Indian Hatchet quilt looks amazing, Gretchen and thank you so much for the tutorial- a great way to use up those little triangles left over from projects and love the idea of using the empty salad containers for holding the pieces. Happy quilting.

Jenny said...

Am I the only one who gets rid of all those tiny pieces?

Jennifer Fulton Inquiring Quilter said...

What a pretty top! I don't think I would have chosen that border fabric but it really compliments the blocks and makes them pop. Such a great choice. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

Marsha Cooper said...

Love the pineapples....it's been a long time since I've made those blocks.

Carol Andrews said...

Gretchen your Indian Hatchet is lovely and I'm inspired by your pineapple blocks. Great way to use thos leftovers. Thank you for linking with To Do Tuesday.

Chookyblue...... said...

I really need to make a start on some pineapple blocks........ They look so cool......