Friday, May 5, 2023

Broken Dishes

The HST's sewn from flippy corners are accumulating so I took a bag along to the retreat and sewed them into broken dishes blocks.

After I returned home from retreat, I sewed them into two small quilts. 

The yellow/orange HST's were flippy corners from the Sunny Lanes quilt. This little quilt measures 29.5" by 33.5".

The green HST's were flippy corners from the Peppermint Pines quilt, this quilt measures 22.5" by 30.5".

The borders of both quilts is fabric that was donated to me to be used for charity quilts. These little quilts will end up at Goshen Hospital to be used by chemo patients.

They won't be quilted right away. I use pieced batting in small quilts and I don't have any pieces on hand right now. I sent several quilts to be long arm quilted last month, I'll have plenty of pieces to use in these little quilts when the quilted quilts return home.

Linking to Needle & Thread Thursday, Put Your Foot Down, TGIFF!, Peacock Party, Whoop Whoop Party, Finished or Not  Friday, Off the Wall Friday, Beauty Pageant, Patchwork & Quilts

9 comments:

karenbbsnow said...

Both quilt are very sweet. Fun borders.

Michele McLaughlin said...

I love the Broken Dishes pattern and these are adorable! I'm sure they will be appreciated by the chemo patients! As always, thanks for the inspiration!

loulee said...

Two sweet donation quilts and a great use of those pesky corners.

Jenny said...

Two lovely little quilts using up those cut off corners. You do so much better than me, I dont keep those tiny little pieces. But I must say it is wonderful to see these left overs made in to something so pretty, and comforting too, as they are going to chemo patients.

Paulette said...

They're both lovely! I don't know what it is about broken dishes quilts, but I'm always drawn to them. I'm sure they'll be appreciated!

Ray and Jeanne said...

Such cute quilts and I love the borders! ~Jeanne

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Lovely baby quilts, these HST will have soon a new home. Love your idea to piece the batting for small quilts ;)
Thank you for sharing these finishes, and linking up!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

What great happy quilts!! Sounds like a great retreat project!

Rebecca Grace said...

That’s a great way to use up leftover batting scraps. Two very sweet donation quilts that will surely be appreciated by the little ones who receive them!