Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Tulip Charity Quilt

In February Elaine, Lynn and I participated in a shop hop because we hadn't done anything together all winter. None of us needed anymore fabric but, you know, it was there!

I tried to focus my attention on the clearance shelves and came across this lovely panel . . . and it had matching fabric available! I bought one panel and several yards of fabric. 

I quilted the panel with my sewing machine using the X design and an iridescent variegated thread. After washing and drying, the quilt measures 34.5" by 41". I had originally planned to donate this quilt as a crib quilt but since it looks more mature, I'll donate it to the cancer center at Goshen hospital. 

Some of the matching yardage was used for backing.

I said I bought several yards of this fabric, I also made twelve 18" square napkins. I really like this fabric!

10 comments:

Michele McLaughlin said...

This is gorgeous Gretchen! What a wonderful donation quilt this will be! The fabric is cheerful and yes, would be good for any home dec project, including napkins! Way to go and seeing all the possibilities! Hugs!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that is really pretty - at first when you said donation I thought after all that applique work! then saw it was a panel LOL

Florida Farm Girl said...

Sometimes fabric just won't let you leave the building without tagging along. Ask me how I know that. That's a lovely quilt. I need to do some place mats myself.

Ivani said...

Lovely quilt, the panel and the straight quilting are beautiful, Gretchen. Well done!!!

Jenny said...

That is so lovely, and your quilting really sets off the panel so nicely. It will be a beautiful donation quilt.

Maggie said...

Dear Gretchen,

It looks so realistic and the panel is a fun, filled with colour and make you smile kind of quilt. It is definitely a cheerful gift. The backing is beautiful. I can fully understand why you took this panel home and quilted it. Have never tried the x quilting by machine, you have inspired me to try it on a future quilts. Have an awesome day.

Julie in GA said...

When I saw this as a little thumbnail photo, I thought it was an amazing applique quilt. What a wonderful surprise that it is a gorgeous panel! Your quilting really finished it off beautifully!

Jennifer Fulton Inquiring Quilter said...

Very pretty quilt! That fabric reminds me that winter will soon be over. How nice of you to donate this to a cancer center. It will bring much warmth and many smiles. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

It's really lovely and the quilting is so very effective. Someone will be very pleased with this quilt.

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

What a beautiful panel quilt - love the way you quilted it! Hugs