Tuesday, April 18, 2023

The Elkhart County Quilts & Fiber Expo!

As life is returning to normal, quilters are looking for quilting activities and quilt shows to attend. Come visit northern Indiana and check out the first ever Elkhart County Quilts & Fiber Expo! which will be held June 8 - 10, 2023.

Some of you may have attended the Shipshewana Quilt Fest which started in 2009, that festival has ended. Even before covid, they were having problems with facility space and other logistics.

The Elkhart Co. Expo will be held in one building with plenty of parking space.

There are workshops available, presentations and free demonstrations. There is even a shop hop for you and your friends to participate in. Click here for a list of the shop stops.

If you're interested in presentations, I recommend the Amish Quilt Trunk Show: Histories and Stories presented by Rebecca Haarer.

This is more than a quilt show, it's also a fiber show.

While you are in northern Indiana, you can check out the Quilt Gardens along the Heritage trail.


I've got to have a picture in the post so I'm showing this picture of a quilt garden in Wakarusa from several years ago.

See you in June!

I won't be having a Friday or Sunday post this week, I'll be retreating!

Linking to Monday This 'N That, To Do TuesdayMidweek Makers, Wednesday Wait Loss, Needle & Thread Thursday

9 comments:

Ivani said...

I wish I could go, too bad I live so far away...maybe one day, who knows, until then I'll be happy to see everything through your photos and posts. The quilt garden is lovely.

grammajudyb said...

Oh what fun that would be. But traveling is not in our future I'm afraid. Some health issues have reared their ugly heads and must be tamed first! I love that photo, I remember it for when you posted it previouslu!

Jenny said...

That sounds like fun, have a great time.

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Looks like amazing quilting fun!!! I hope you're having a great reTREAT!!!

Nann said...

Thanks for the notice!

Carol Andrews said...

Sounds like a fun plan for the week. Enjoy and thanks for linking with To Do Tuesday

Katie said...

This seems like such a fun event. I wish I was closer because I'd love to go!

Enjoy your retreat this weekend. :)

Jennifer Fulton Inquiring Quilter said...

The Quilt Gardens are always such fun to see. Looks like it's going to be a great event! Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

Linda said...

That quilt garden photo is gorgeous. Would love to visit Indiana again - it has been almost 20 years since we were there, and I loved it. Hubs wouldn't move there - it was "too cold"! Enjoy your retreating!