Friday, October 22, 2021

Blue Split 9 Patch Quilt

One of my 100 day challenges was to sew together the blocks for blue split 9 patch. Split 9 patch was Bonnie Hunter's 2013 Leader and Ender Challenge. The pattern is here under Bonnie's free patterns listing.


The blocks have been sewn together into the main body of the quilt and measures 85" by 96". I'm going to stop for now. There will be a border added sometime but I'm planning on this quilt being a wedding gift. I need to find out what size bed to finish the flimsy for. This quilt will definitely be long arm quilted.

Looking at the picture, I see I have two blocks in the same row turned wrong. I'll get those corrected before I add the border. This pattern is a definite challenge to orient the blocks!

Linking to Put Your Foot Down, Needle & Thread Thursday, Peacock Party, Whoop Whoop Party, TGIFF!, Finished Or Not Friday, Off the Wall Friday, Brag About Your Beauties, Patchwork & Quilts, Oh Scrap

19 comments:

Rose Marie said...

So lovely! Good thing you caught those two blocks when you did!

Chris said...

I see the two blocks are on the outside edges so should not be too too difficult to correct. This is really beautiful.

Brenda @ Songbird Designs said...

This is an awesome quilt!! I love the blues and the pattern is wonderful! I'm glad you caught your layout before adding the borders! Thanks so much for linking up with TGIFF today! Have a great weekend!

The Joyful Quilter said...

LOVE this pattern and your beautiful blue version of the quilt, Gretchen!!

Elizabeth V Kelbaugh said...

All the blues are fabulous in your quilt! Great job!

Ivani said...

Your Blue Split nine patch is a beautiful version of the original quilt.
So glad foi notice thise 2 blocks in time to fix The layout. It will be a gorgeous wedding gif.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

very pretty! love those colors

Sharon Kwilter said...

Pretty colors. I've made a quilt with that pattern before and I replaced the split nine rail blocks with a 9-patch in the corners.

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Wowwwww! What a beauty!!! Such a great stash buster! I'm going to check out the pattern!!!

quiltingbydawn said...

So pretty in blue! What a wonderful wedding gift!

Created by Kathi said...

This is a very cool wip!!! I love your layout choice too! Thanks for sharing and I hope you have a good longarming friend in your guild! The star is this quilt center for sure!!!
Kathi

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Wow, this is a stunning quilt, and a lovely wedding gift! I love the small pink, red and yellow patches inside the blues. The 2 blocks turned wrong could have been layed this way on a purpose ;)
Thank you for sharing this beautiful soon-finish, and linking up with Patchwork & Quilts!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

What a lovely quilt, perfect for a wedding gift!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love the Split 9 patch block, and your quilt is beautiful with all its blues and whites! Pretty layout, too! That's a block I need to put on my list.

Chantal said...

Gorgeous! Bravo! Now, I want one. ;^)

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

This is looking amazing. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

I didn't realize this pattern of Bonnie's was a leader/ender! Your project is gorgeous! WOW!!!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh Holee cow - GO you!!! this is beautiful!!!!

QuiltGranma said...

Beautiful beginning. To my estimation that is a double bed size. Hope you have more blocks.