Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Flower Patch Mystery Quilt, Blocks 2 & 3

Block 2 of the Flower Patch Mystery has been pieced. I admit it's not perfect but it's pieced. I was watching an interesting movie while piecing and wasn't always paying attention to what I was doing.

I could have made the bird into a bluejay but I thought cardinals always bring so much joy in winter, so I added red to my fabric collection. 

Here is block 3.

Since I added the red to block 2, I went ahead and made the tulip red. I got the shades of red mixed up so we'll just call it a variegated tulip.

I think the leaves are so neat, so delicate looking!

Linking to Flower Patch MysteryTo Do TuesdayMidweek Makers, Stitch Sew & Show Wednesday Wait Loss, Put Your Foot DownNeedle & Thread Thursday

17 comments:

maggie fellow said...

lovely

Mary said...

Love those red cardinals!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love your cardinal and tulip

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Love the cardinals!!!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

THose are beautiful blocks!
you'll have to share what the interesting movie was ;-)

For the love of geese said...

Lovely. Your red tulip is beautiful. Thank you for sewing along.

For the love of geese said...

I had to come back and look again. I LOVE that batik you used for the geese and your background fabric. They play so well together.

Ivani said...

Love the cardinals and also the red varigated tulip.

Gretchen Weaver said...

I was watching Still Life. It is the first book in the Gamache series by Louise Penny. It's on Acorn TV.

Gretchen Weaver said...

That fabric is leftover from another project. I love it when I'm able to make something pretty with fabrics I already have on hand. My daughter wants this quilt when it's finished, she's loving these blocks.

Sharon Kwilter said...

Your blocks are turning out great. I've been downloading the blocks for that QAL, but I haven't made any of them yet. I'm looking forward to following your progress.

Scrapatches said...

I love the red cardinals and tulip. I have been saving the steps for this but have not sewed as I have so many projects in the works. I shall enjoy seeing your garden quilt as it grows. Thank you for linking up ... :) Pat

Jay said...

The blue in your bird block is gorgeous!

Jennifer Fulton Inquiring Quilter said...

Lovely blocks! Loving that pop of red that you're adding. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

Linda said...

I love cardinals for winter projects! That is a neat project, with flying geese too - my favorite. That red you are using is beautiful.
Thank you for linking to To Do Tuesday!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Your blocks are beautiful, Gretchen. I always think of cardinals at winter time too,though I see them year round. Your fabrics are beautiful. Have a great weekend.

Raewyn said...

Your blocks are lovely and I like that you've added the red. I too have been saving the instructions - it looks like it will be a great quilt.