Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Blueberry Pie

Last week was a chilly week so there was no problem spending time in the house piecing Blueberry Pie.

Sashing has been attached to the checkerboard squares. The checkerboard squares plus the sashing measures 15" finished. There are 16 of these blocks and they need to be trimmed.

Only one strip of the next sashing set has been sewn.

More details about Blueberry Pie can be found via this link.

Here are answers to questions asked in comments - I was asked if I pieced the 9 patches tiny small square by square or if I'm strip piecing? Strip piecing all the way! I might have pulled a few 1.5" squares to add but not very many blocks happened that way. I'm a stripper!

I was also asked if Blueberry Pie is a candidate for hand quilting? I don't know, I am planning on a hand appliqued border and I do like to hand quilt projects with applique. But . . . . it will be awhile before the applique happens, I want to finish appliqueing Hearts & Wreaths first.

Linking to To Do Tuesday, Wednesday Wait Loss, Put Your Foot Down

6 comments:

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Your writer's block looks pretty! I love the blue version of this pattern.

Michele McLaughlin said...

What an awesome piece and the title is so perfect! I love it!

dq said...

Your Blueberry pie looks scrumptious!

Jennifer Fulton Inquiring Quilter said...

Yummy! There's something about all those tiny blue squares that just make my eyes dance. What a lovely quilt this will be. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/06/21/wednesday-wait-loss-333

Maggie said...

Dear Gretchen,
I read the blog, just had issues with internet connection. Google kept on telling me failure to post comments, try later again. Hopefully this one go through. Love the hexies and all the projects you are working on, always a pleasure to see what you are working on.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Blueberry pie is looking amazing, Gretchen. Have a lovely week.