Friday, June 2, 2023

Blueberry Pie

I didn't plan on taking such a long break but life happens! Besides, it's finally summer!

I had asked for suggestions for a new name for the Writer's Block quilt I'm making. Several names were suggested which were good names but Cynthia came up with a great name that I modified slightly. She suggested Blueberry Lattice since the 9 patches look like lattice on the top of a pie. I've decided to go with Blueberry Pie as the new name and she agreed with me.

If you make your quilt with reds, you can name your quilt cherry pie!

Over 100 9-patch blocks of each type have been pieced. I need to figure how many I need exactly since I'm making my quilt larger. Quilting would be so much more fun without math!

Linking to Needle & Thread Thursday, TGIFF!, Peacock Party, Finished or Not  Friday, Off the Wall Friday, Beauty Pageant, Patchwork & Quilts

13 comments:

Ray and Jeanne said...

Ohhh, what a perfect name! And I know I'm going to love this quilt. ~Jeanne

grammajudyb said...

I’m fond of blueberry pie! Yummy blues!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That is a great name - and!!! It reminds me of summer!!

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Lots of 9 patches and will make a lovely Blueberry Pie!!!! Hugs!

Jenny said...

Your blueberry pie quilt will be luscious!

Mari said...

Well now I need to go make some pie! :) I'm sure your pie quilt will turn out great!

Ivani said...

Perfect name, Gretchen. Simple Nine Patch units and great impact block.

Gwyned Trefethen said...

Perfect name for what is bound to be a yummy quilt.

Lin said...

Great name for your quilt, it is going to look lovely. Beautiful hexie table runner too - I do love a hexie! xx

Elizabeth V Kelbaugh said...

Great name. I love blueberry pie and blue and white quilts. I look forward to seeing more of your quilt as it progresses.

CathieJ said...

That is a great name for that quilt! That is a whole lot of pieced blocks. Even though I am a retired math teacher, I agree that quilting would be a lot more fun without the necessary math. LOL. Enjoy your stitching!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Yes, the perfect name!! I agree with you, maths isn't the most fun part of quilting ;)) The large block is beautiful.
Thank you for sharing, and linking up!

Kim said...

Totally agree with your thoughts about maths and quilting. That's a lot of 9 patch blocks. Blueberry Pie is going to look superb.