Friday, May 6, 2022

More Arrowhead Blocks

 I originally intended to make a larger throw quilt with arrowhead blocks using the directions from Susie's Scraps but I changed my mind and decided to make a small lap quilt. I pieced 10 more blocks at retreat and sewed them together. 

I made a mistake piecing the last block so I needed to improvise. You won't see the mistake in the little quilt, it just meant I needed to trim all the blocks to 7.25", smaller than I intended.

The little flimsy measures 25.5" by 32.5". Sometime this little quilt will be quilted and I'll drop it off at a local nursing home. Hopefully the colors will brighten one of the resident's day.

There is one step in Susie's tutorial which she omits so the directions can be confusing. Nanette has written a tutorial for that step which you can find here. You do need to scroll down in the comments to find it.

I used a couple green Kona fabrics with Harper's Garden pre-cut squares. Here is a link to a previous post about Arrowhead blocks.

Linking to Peacock Party, TGIFF!, Finished Or Not Friday, Off the Wall Friday, Patchwork & Quilts

8 comments:

Paulette said...

That is a sweet little quilt! Love the green and black combination. Thanks for the link to Nanette's tutorial, too. I'm going to check it out.

grammajudyb said...

I'm going to bet there is a green lover like me in your local nursing home. It's wonderful!

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Thank you for the shout out. I had forgotten about this block. I may just pull some fabric to play with!!! I like yours. The black really makes the quilt. Hugs.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That turned out great!! the contrast in colors make it so graphic!

Lynette said...

I love the way this pattern worked up in the green!

Chookyblue...... said...

love the green in these blocks...........

Anja @ Anja Quilts said...

I have never seen that block. It looks great, and someone at the nursing home will love it. Thanks for linking up with Thank Goodness It's Finished Friday.

susies-scraps.com said...

Wow! That green really pops! Someone will love to have it! The blocks look great!
Susie