Friday, May 13, 2022

Flower Patch SAL Finish

The Flower Patch SAL mystery quilt has been completed!

The last block to be made was block 16 which is a repeat of block 1.


For the border, Denise had us add fabrics borders, nothing pieced which surprised me. I was really expecting a flying geese border. For my border, I cut a 3" strip of background fabric and sashed the center.  


As of now, the flimsy measures 69" square. However my quilt isn't completely finish, I'm planning on added a flying geese border but that takes some time to piece. I'll be sure to update you on the final finish when the borders are attached.

This sew along started last September and is finished now. I don't normally participate in sew alongs or mystery quilt but I did for this quilt and I enjoyed myself. Of course I do enjoy foundation paper piecing.

8 comments:

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

I have so many favorites of your quilts, but for some reason (and think it is the colors) this one is right up there with there with Sweet Surrender!!!

grammajudyb said...

This one is just stunning, Gretchen. I know the finishing FG border with only add to that. Lovely!

For the love of geese said...

Beautiful!! I still love that multi colored batik you used in those large blocks. A flying geese border would be amazing and I thought about it too. Thank you so much for sewing along with me and sharing your progress every month. Received your address and will send a tracking number as soon as winners are announced.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Wonderful quilt top, you were so right to participe in this QAL! The border you are planning to make is a great idea ;)
Thank you so much for sharing this beauty, and linking up!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

This is so pretty!! and I agree - your border will make it shine!!!

Ivani said...

This is a beautiful finish, Gretchen.

Chookyblue...... said...

It's beautiful and a flying geese border will look great

QuiltGranma said...

Very striking! Love those cardinals.