Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Jane Stickle Retreat

I worked on several different projects at retreat. One of the projects was to sew the scrappy Indian Hatchet blocks. I made 15 blocks.

The triangles are all scraps from flippy corners or bias triangles from binding. There were a lot of black corners in this bunch, they'll be mixed with the rest of the blocks and won't be so somber looking.

Here is a link to more posts about the Indian Hatchet blocks. 

Nineteen more blocks are needed to reach my goal of 80 blocks. I think this project will come to an end this year.

Linking to To Do Tuesday, Midweek Makers, Wednesday Wait Loss, Stitch Sew & Show, Oh Scrap

11 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I don't think I have ever heard the name of this block. it has an interesting look

maggie fellow said...

It looks so nice -it is really a great use of those little pieces

Linda said...

I love these blocks, and now you've got me looking up Indian Hatchet. I found some on Quilter's Cache using 4-1/2 blocks with 2-1/2 inch blocks in the corners, so I may give those a shot.
Thank you for sharing with To Do Tuesday!

Ivani said...

It is lovely the scrap look of these blocks. Great use of small triangles .

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Your Indian Hatchet Quilt is looking fabulous. Lots of pretty fabrics in this one. Looking forward to seeing it all pieced up. Happy quilting.

Jennifer Fulton Inquiring Quilter said...

Looks like you got a lot done at retreat! So close to a finish on this one. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

Whew! Almost there! Looking good, too!

QuiltGranma said...

I love how you seem to be using a light in stripy shapes for the center strings. Makes it sew much more ALIVE!

Preeti said...

Scrappy goodness will make a gorgeous quilt!!!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

These look like great blocks for using up little leftover bits! Are you starting with a strip and adding the triangle corners? I know sometimes people use a square, but that just gives you more cut offs!

Gretchen Weaver said...

Yes, I'm using squares which is rather foolish. The cutoff triangles are various sizes and I'm not saving them.