Sunday, February 14, 2021

Quilting Blue Stars Around the Garden

 This week I finished the quilting on the bottom row of blocks. I took individual pictures of each block so you could see them close up. I had fussy cut the center of each block when I pieced them.

This is the right side border.




I'm attaching a picture of the quilt flimsy so you can see the progress I've made. Hand quilting is not a fast process but I have made progress over the past 8 weeks. I'm estimating I'm a fourth of the way finished. I'm working from the bottom towards the top. Those bottom four blocks are what I finished last week and I'll be quilting the narrow blue border this week. I doubt I'll be quilting into the center by next Sunday but who knows, maybe I will! 

I have to finish with a picture of another Amaryllis. The 2nd bud of this lovely red Amaryllis has opened. I'm still enjoying the winter color!

This Hand Quilt Along is an opportunity for hand quilters and piecers to share and motivate one another. We post every three weeks, to show our progress and encourage one another.  If you have a hand quilting project and would like to join our group contact Kathy at the link below.

KathyMargaret, DebNanetteSharonKarrinGretchenDaisyConnie,  Monica and Sherrie

Linking to Link Your Stuff!, Patchwork & QuiltsKathy's Slow Sunday Stitching,  Oh Scrap, Show & Tell Monday, Monday Making, Design Wall Monday, BOM's Away

28 comments:

Sarah said...

Beautiful quilt Gretchen! Love your yellow sprouts in yesterday's post too. Have a great day!

The Cozy Quilter said...

Gorgeous quilting and flower!

Created by Kathi said...

I am so happy your amaryllis's are keeping you happy in this cooler weather we are having... we haven't gotten the cold many have but you may be in quilting to avoid the cold weather still to come! As always I will be back.. your lovely hand quilting is a joy to see up close too <3 Happy Quilting and Happy Valentine's my friend <3 Kathi

Ivani said...

your hand quilting is just stunning!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Beautiful hand quilting, I love the lines for the blocks too. Great progress!
Thank you for linking uptoday ;)

CathieJ said...

I love the fussy cut yellow flower block! This is a beautiful quilt. Enjoy your stitching.

Joyce said...

Such a beautiful quilt. Your hand quilting is amazing!

stitchingirlblog.wordpress.com said...

This is such a pretty quilt!! Your stitching looks so perfect and even - I need tips from you when I'm ready to quilt mine!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

It's always a treat to see how you're coming along on your quilting! This quilt is absolutely beautiful.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Such a beautiful quilt! I love seeing the close-ups!

Little Penpen said...

Gosh, what a beautiful quilt! Your stitches are beautiful!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

beautiful quilting you are making great progress. I have that same stencil and enjoyed it

Gretchen Weaver said...

I'll be glad to give any tips. Happy stitching!

Deb said...

Great quilting and inspirational!
Stay safe and sew on !

The Joyful Quilter said...

What a masterpiece you are creating, Gretchen!

Karrin Hurd said...

Gorgeous quilting as usual, and love, love, love your version in the blues and yellows!

K Reeves said...

The pattern you chose for the star blocks sets them off so nicely! I just love your stitching, I am always inspired!

nwpaintedlady said...

The blue and yellow star blocks are just gorgeous! This is an award winning beauty Gretchen :)

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Great progress. I really like that line quilting in the blocks. Thanks for sharing with oh Scrap!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Your hand quilting is taking a beautiful top to a stunning quilt! Wow!!!

Db said...

I really like how you did the border ,that’s neat to alternate between the two designs. The quilt is so beautiful.😍

Sue said...

Beautiful Quilting as usual Gretchen.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

This quilt is just beautiful Gretchen. I love seeing your hand quilting.

Deanna W said...

OMG your quilt is beautiful...I find there are quick areas and some not so fast when you are hand quilting!

Lynette said...

You are so much faster at hand work than I am. :) I do a ton of hand applique, and some day I'll do myself a quilt by hand - I've had a Hawaiian style quilt on my bucket list for years. That would be a great candidate for hand quilting. Congrats on hitting the quarter mark of Blue Stars Around the Garden! It's absolutely beautiful, and I love watching the progress on her.

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

Wow! Just beautiful!

Judy Hansen said...

Your hand quilting is so beautiful, Gretchen. Thanks for joining our linky party each week so we can enjoy your amazing progress.

Quilter Kathy said...

That feather quilting is exquisite!