Saturday, February 6, 2021

RSC Yellow

I pieced easy breezy blocks in 2020 as one of my RSC projects. I will be continuing this project in 2021. All the blocks already contain yellow so I substituted. Last year when it was yellow month I pulled gray and black strips from the 2.5" box and made the blocks. I did the same thing again this year and made 8 blocks.


There are only 6 blocks in the picture. One block needed some adjusting, I picked that one apart in the evening. Another block fell onto the floor and I didn't see it until after the picture was taken. I had assumed I just miscounted and didn't have 8 blocks.

While I was searching for gray and black strips, these gray/silver with dusty rose strips kept swimming up to the top of the box. I decided to sew them too and get them out of the box. That fabric was some of mom's and dates back to the 80's or 90's, whenever that color combination was popular. That fabric made 9 of those blocks.

Linking to Scrap Happy Saturday.

8 comments:

Ivani said...

Great colection of yellow eazy breezy blocks Gretchen!

maggie fellow said...

how many easy breezy are you aiming to make - they look great btw

Gretchen Weaver said...

I haven't figured the amount I need yet but I plan to make charity quilts with the blocks. I want to make at least 2 quilts 60" by 80". If I end up with more blocks than 2 quilts, I'll make 3 quilts or however many the blocks make. I have plenty of strips and these are fast blocks to piece. There will be sashing in between the blocks.

Kathy S. said...

Way to use up those scraps!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Great way to use up the old fabrics. I really like that combination.

Jenny said...

Your blocks are so nice, and how w derful to be able to useyou some of your Mothers fabric.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Those Easy Breezy blocks really make your YELLOW scraps shine!!

Deb A said...

Love the easy breezy blocks. So fun in yellows.