Another string X quilt top has been finished. The centers of these blocks were pieced while working on other quilts. They piece fast! I used old muslin instead of paper for stability.
I pulled various smaller cuts of blue yardage from the solids box then used larger pieces as needed. I also used various strips for the borders.
This flimsy measures 60" by 86". I don't need to quilt it because it will be knotted at the MCC Comforter Bash in November. I'll be counting this as a quilt for Hands 2 Help 2021.
String X is a Bonnie Hunter pattern found on her website.
I don't buy all new bulbs new every fall. I admit I did buy the red & white ruffled one but the others are bulbs I've had for years. The old bulbs develop baby bulbs. When the babies come unattached from the mother, I simply pot them and keep them growing until they start blooming. That is one reason I have so many. I have noticed the salmon/pink ones are the most productive in producing baby bulbs.