Since the wedding quilt is finished, I'm working on some scrappy charity quilts now. Here is the first one completed.
In the summer of 2019, Kevin the Quilter had a mystery quilt sew along on his blog called Simply Sensational Summer Scrap Quilt. I chose not to participate in his mystery because I don't do mysteries. I want to see the finished quilt before I spend my time piecing something I may not like.
I loved his finished quilt and pulled fabrics to make the quilt. They are still bagged, ready to go, I'll get started on the quilt someday.
Nanette had started piecing blocks for the quilt but lost interest along the way. When she found out I had pulled fabrics, she mailed me the 4 patch blocks she had completed. They were lovely batik blocks, she had even spun the centers! But there was more contrast between the darks and mediums than what I wanted for my quilt. She had said she didn't care what I did with the blocks so I repurposed them into a charity quilt.
I don't know what the name of this block is, I just call it framed 4 patches. I added 4 patches of my own left from other projects and came up with this flimsy.
I had been concerned the batiks wouldn't blend with the regular fabrics but I think they look fine. The flimsy measures 62.5" by 81.5" and will be donated to the MCC comforter bash.