Wednesday, September 4, 2024

More Pineapple Blocks

Another group of pineapple blocks have been pieced for a total of 52 completed blocks, just 12 more to go for an eight by eight block arrangement.


When I made the original 20 blocks, I pieced them with more dark blues but I thought they looked too dark. Now I'm piecing the blocks with lighter blues. I think they blend ok, what do you think?

The above picture is not the final layout. Once all the blocks are completed, the papers have to be removed from the back of the blocks. That will take some time.

September is a busy month for me, I don't know if I'll have time to complete the rest of the blocks this month. I hope you all find time for stitching this month.

Linking to Midweek Makers, Wednesday Wait Loss, Needle & Thread Thursday, Put Your Foot Down, TGIFF!, Finished or Not Friday, Off the Wall Friday, Beauty Pageant, Patchwork & Quilts

16 comments:

Michele McLaughlin said...

I love the contrast of a lighter blue. Your quilt makes me think I should make one too!

Rebecca Grace said...

I came to the same conclusion when making my pineapple log cabin quilt several years ago. I started out making blocks with more similar fabrics but decided that it needed more variety in value and little "surprise" strips of fabric sprinkled here and there to make a more interesting overall composition once I started putting more and more blocks together. Your pineapple is shaping up to be a beauty, Gretchen!

Linda said...

I'm always glad to see those pretty blue pineapples!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I'm always glad I take the paper out of each block as I finish the block and not after the whole quilt is made. That is looking pretty - what size blocks did you make?

Jenny said...

Your pineapple blocks look gorgeous but seem much too labour intensive for me to make.

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Loving the variety in your blues. It's certainly a time intensive project, but my, what a beauty!

Lin said...

Looking lovely and the lighter blues are giving it a nice lift. xx

Jennifer Fulton Inquiring Quilter said...

Such a pretty quilt to work on! The lighter blues fit right in. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/09/04/wednesday-wait-loss-396

Elizabeth V Kelbaugh said...

I love the variety of blues. It makes the blocks sparkle.

grammajudyb said...

I agree! The lights and darks makes a truly beautiful quilt. Our annual quilt show theme is , the pineapple block. I’ll share some photos. In October!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Wow!!! That is a lot of pieceing!

Gwyned Trefethen said...

I think the addition of lighter and bright blues was genius. It feels like a Scandinavian winter. Everything sparkles.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

The light and dark blues blend in perfectly , Gretchen. The blocks are looking fabulous. Enjoy your weekend. Hugs.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Your blocks are beautiful together, the lighter blue was a brilliant idea. This quilt is going to shine!
Thank you for sharing, I'm always fascinated by the pineapple block and yours are charming.

Anonymous said...

I agree with the others. The lighter blues add interest and sparkle to your quilt. Your blue and white quilts always make me smile. Gail at the Cozy Quilter

Denise said...

It looks wonderful to me, the colors blend well. Thank you for linking up to Put your foot down.