Wednesday, July 3, 2024

Summer Garden Compassion Quilts

I'm continuing with my machine quilting journey and have quilted two small quilts that I named Summer Garden. They were squirrel projects I first posted about here.

Now they're quilted, simple stitch in the ditch quilting.


They both measure 37.5" by 46" and will be donated to the cancer center at Goshen Hospital. I love the fabrics and I hope they bring a smile to the recipients. 

The fabrics used in the quilts were from a fat quarter bundle I purchased at the Jane Stickle retreat several years ago. The binding fabric was made from the fabric not used for piecing blocks and the fat quarter bundle is completely gone!

Linking to Midweek Makers, Wednesday Wait Loss, Put Your Foot Down, Free Motion Mavericks, TGIFF!, Finished or Not Friday, Off the Wall Friday, Beauty Pageant, Patchwork & Quilts


10 comments:

Michele McLaughlin said...

Gretchen these are wonderful and I know that the families and recipients will be so appreciative! Summer Garden is a perfect name for them! Have a safe and wonderful Fourth of July!

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Sweet quilts, Gretchen!!! They make me smile!!!

Linda said...

Lovely quilts Gretchen! It's so nice to make comfort quilts - I have two I need to finish up.

Jennifer Fulton Inquiring Quilter said...

Gosh those fabrics are pretty! Summer Garden is the perfect name for these quilts. They will bring warmth and happiness to whoever receives them.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Your Summer Garden quilts are beautiful, Gretchen. I am sure they will bring joy and comfort to someone in need.

Lin said...

Two lovely finishes and bound to bring a smile to any face. xx

Helenchaffin said...

perfect snuggle size,they are beautiful!

Elizabeth V Kelbaugh said...

Lovely bright small quilts perfect to share love and care.

Vicki in MN said...

Someone is about to get a quilty hug, the best hugs ever! Pretty quilts and I am sure that squirrel is happy:)

Gwyned Trefethen said...

I have no doubt the recipients will be thrilled with their quilts. So many blossoms to explore and enjoy during a difficult time.