Sunday, April 28, 2024

Hearts & Wreaths

The bottoms of the center blocks for Hearts & Wreaths have been quilted. Here are pictures of those blocks. I've included a couple pictures of the corner space in between the blocks.







Here is a link to my first post about Hearts & Wreaths way back in August 2021. And here is the link to Quiltmania magazine that has the pattern.

Last week some of you asked what I was going to do with this quilt. I am definitely keeping this one for myself. Eventually, someday, this quilt will end up with one of the grandchildren but that's in the future. It will have a turn hanging in the rafters sometime here at the new house.

I was also asked how close I am to a finish. Last week there were two full rows of the squares to be quilted. I've completed the bottom part of the first row. These rows quilt pretty fast however, spring is finally here in northern Indiana. I have grass to mow and other responsibilities outside. Quilting is probably going to slow down. I am going to go out on a limb here and say that I think the quilting will possibly be finished by the end of June.

This afternoon, Lynn and I are driving to Archbold Ohio to deliver quilts we've entered in the
Sauder Village Quilt show. This isn't a big AQS show but I like it, it's more my type of quilt show. There is no money involved but possibly I might receive a ribbon for one of my quilts. I'll probably have a blog post about the show sometime in May.

17 comments:

Kim said...

Those corner quilting designs are a lovely touch. June will soon be here and you will be able to enjoy Hearts and Wreaths in your home. I look forward to seeing your post about the quilt....and your blue ribbons. =)

Anonymous said...

Ah yes…spring gardening activities do start in interfere with our sewing! This quilt is lovely. What a great covered porch! Gail at the cozy quilter

Kate said...

You've been moving along on the quilting, which looks wonderful. Hopefully you can keep up the momentum even with the addition of the spring time chores.

Linda said...

I love these updates on your pretty quilt. I'm glad you're keeping it, and it will be perfect for your rafters! Love your porch, so inviting. I bet you have a pretty, peaceful view.

starflash quilts said...

Such neat quilting stitches, I can't for the life of me get that accuracy!

Maggie said...

Dear Gretchen,
This beauty is so gorgeous and with the colours it’s a feast for the eyes. Soon it wiill be finished and you get to enjoy it in your house. The garden is definitely calling now with spring weather here. Have a wonderful week.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I like the smaller quilt shows and would like it if I could see more within driving distance - I never seem to hear of them. They feature the "real quilts" I like to call them - the kind a lot of us make, not the "art" that seems to have taken over the big shows.

Jill said...

May I suggest you enter Hearts & Wreaths in next year's Sauder Village Quilt Show which is one of my favorites. The venue is the best and it is delightful to hear the baby grand piano playing in the background. I hope to attend this upcoming week and will look for your quilts. I live slightly two hours away.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Your quilting is so beautiful, Gretchen. I am so glad to hear that you will be keeping this quilt to enjoy yourself. Your gardens are looking lovely- everything is greening up nicely. I wish you all the luck in the quilt show. Enjoy your day. Hugs.

Jenny said...

I love seeing your progress on this beautiful quilt.

Lin said...

Nice progress. It's good to be able to sit and sew but it is also lovely when the weather improves and we can get outside. xx

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I just loved seeing those pretty fabrics up close and of course your beautiful quilting lines too, Gretchen. This is definitely a family heirloom quilt. And good luck now with the show. Such a great activity to do with your daughter too.

time4stitchn said...

Looking forward to hearing about your ribbon!!!!!! You do such awesome work. Glad to see you are making great progress on your quilting. It is such a lovely quilt. The close up shows such an array of different fabrics for all your leaves on the vine. We are not quite as far along as you on spring. Our trees are just starting to bud and my tulips just bloomed.

Jayne Honnold said...

So many things to comment on! First, your quilting stitches are absolute perfection, which is to be expected as you have practiced on many previous quilts! Second, I love all the bright colors in your applique, and it is sure to be a twinkling highlight to whatever bedroom gets this beauty on her bed. Next, your gardens are looking mighty fine. I leave all our gardening to hubby, as he has moved every plant I've ever put in the ground. haha!

Last - YOU'RE COMING TO OHIO!!

I have never attended the Sauder Village show, but I do know a bit about the surrounding Amish Country. Maybe if you plan to attend next year, we should arrange to meet in person! That would be a lovely treat for me!

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Beautiful quilting, this will be a quilt to treasure.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Your quilting is beautiful, I love these corners! Have fun entering the show, and I'm looking forward to admiring your ribbon.

Brenda @ Songbird Designs said...

Great progress! Your quilting is beautiful. Thanks for sharing with Monday Musings!