Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Flower Patch SAL Center Completed!

I've been participating in Denise's Flower Patch SAL mystery since last September and the center is completed. 

The fabrics in the top photo are more true to color. 

Now I'm waiting on border instructions which will be published May 4. I'm assuming the border will contain flying geese since that is Denise's favorite block. It will be the perfect finish for this quilt.

I didn't know if I was going to participate in this mystery when I made the first block, I just wanted to see how the fabrics I had pulled would look together.

My daughter loved the block and asked me to make this quilt for her so that's the plan!

Linking to To Do Tuesday, Midweek Makers, Wednesday Wait Loss, Oh Scrap

10 comments:

Nann said...

So pretty! The flying geese "dividers" add an unexpected dimension. And I love the pops of red!

Jennifer Fulton Inquiring Quilter said...

I've loved watching this come together. So pretty! Thanks for sharing it on Wednesday Wait Loss.

Quilting Gail said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Your quilt is amazing, Gretchen. I love the colors and can not wait to see the borders. I thought of you the other day. I was at the fabric shop in search of the perfect blue fabric for a new project. Thankfully I found just what I needed. Enjoy the last few days of April.

Chookyblue...... said...

wow loving the look of this quilt all together now.......

Linda said...

It's beautiful and I totally "get" your daughter wanting it! Thank you for sharing with To Do Tuesday. ;)

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

It is a beautiful quilt Gretchen. You did a wonderful job on color selection and placement. I am thinking of putting the blocks into EQ8 and print out rotary cutting instructions. !

Chantal said...

Gorgeous! I love that you added more reds to the centre. Very well done. ;^)

Florida Farm Girl said...

I really like this quilt and bought the pattern since I was not following along when it was free. That's okay, I like to support fellow quilters. Now, when I'll ever get started on it is a whole other thing!

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Another beauty! You provide so many pretty quilts for the Auction!