Wednesday, November 10, 2021

What Now?

I've been concentrating on finishing UFQ's this fall. So what am I doing now? I'm prepping! The Jane Stickle quilt retreat is later this month and I'm planning on starting several new projects.

I'm not going to tell you the name of the projects, just give you some hints. You can see later if you guessed right.




Yes, these fabric groupings are unusual for me but in case you think I've forgotten about my beloved blues, here is another picture.

None of these projects are huge like the queen or king sized quilts I sometimes piece at retreat.

I'm also taking cut off triangles to add blocks to my nameless quilt. This quilt will never be finished, as long as I keep piecing quilts, I'll keep on having cut off triangles!

Of course Hearts & Wreaths is coming along for handwork.

Linking to To Do Tuesday, Midweek Makers, Stitch Sew & Show,  Wednesday Wait Loss, Put Your Foot DownNeedle & Thread Thursday

8 comments:

Created by Kathi said...

Oh Gretchen! I am sew excited for your retreat this year!!! Has it been 2 years since you were able to go??? Enjoy my friend!
Kathi

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

nice for you to go to your retreat that you like so much - have fun

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Love those new fabrics for the surprise quilt and very glad for you to be able to go to a retreat. I know you have missed them.
The pattern in the Quiltmania magazine is a fun quilt to make and provides a lot of practice. It was originally in a book by Diane Phalen called Spring Heart Wreath Quilt that had the wreaths and hearts blocks I purchased it in early 2000. I made it with pastels and gifted it to my cousin. I thought about taking another one in 2022, but there are just so many choices to chose from. It is not a difficult project. I do love the border.

Marsha Cooper said...

I want an out of town retreat. I love the in town ones, but loved ones think they can still call me when they can't find a ride to the store or to work.

Linda said...

Love your fabric piles - how fun to take to a retreat. I have a basket similar to yours stuffed with fabric! I took a peek at your nameless quilt and love it! You'd be sad to know how many triangles I've thrown out.
Thank you for linking to To Do Tuesday!

Gretchen Weaver said...

Yes, the last retreat was November 2019! I'm so excited but I don't know how much sewing I'll get done. I'm really looking forward to chatting with my out of state friends.

Rebecca Grace said...

Ooh, these fabric piles look like so much fun! Have fun on your retreat, Gretchen — I’ll look forward to seeing what you have envisioned to make from these assortments!

Jennifer Fulton Inquiring Quilter said...

Have fun at retreat! The key is to be organized and you sure are. Love your fabric pulls and can't wait to see what you make of them. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.