Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Flower Patch SAL

I made sure I pieced the next two blocks for the Flower Patch sew along before I went to retreat. And I wrote the post so it would be ready to go!

First is block 4.

The pinwheels in my block aren't turning the same direction as the pinwheels in Denise's block. Oh well, that just makes my block an original.

I added two new blues to the block. I thought I had a lighter batik blue but I guess that got used somewhere else. The pinwheel fabric hasn't been used before. Also the outer edge of the flower is a new addition.

Here is block 5. Block 5 is a repeat of block 2 which is the cardinal block. I made a few changes to my block. I added more of the darker red and changed a placement. It didn't turn out like I thought but I'm not taking it apart and redoing it!

I also positioned the segments of the block differently to make it slightly different then block 2.

I pinned the new block to the display wall and took a picture of both cardinal blocks. They're pinned over other projects which you can see the edges peeking.

Linking to To Do Tuesday, Flower Patch Sew Along, Midweek Makers, Stitch Sew & Show,  Wednesday Wait Loss

5 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love your cardinals, I have one quilt that I put one in a long time ago - it might be time to do another

Sharon Kwilter said...

It's turning out good. I just found this Mystery Quilt, but it's too late to join. Darn. I like the blocks.

Lynette said...

These cardinal blocks are terrific. I'm always drawn to projects that include them. One day I'll need to make one for myself.

Linda said...

Beautiful cardinals, I just think they belong in quilts! I love your pretty blue batiks.
Thank you for linking to To Do Tuesday!

Jennifer Fulton Inquiring Quilter said...

Such beautiful blocks! These will make a great quilt. Bet you're having fun with this one. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.