The next step in finishing blue stars was to trim the quilt edge.
With my large ruler, I measured 4" from the inside edge of the blue border then cut along the outside edge of the narrow yellow border.
I also took the time to remove the stitching from the center of the corner flowers. I did take a picture of the flower with the stitching but Blogger is playing tricks and sent that photo to the wherever world.
I think it just looks nicer without the stitching. I had added batting to the centers of all the flowers. It was hard to quilt through the batting and my stitches weren't very nice. It was easy to remove the stitching so you know the stitches were too long.
Here is a link to the Stars Around the Garden pattern.
I have two roses bushes in my flowerbed. They're rather sad plants and don't grow very large. It get too cold where they're located so I have to cut the stems down every spring.
This year they do seem more robust and they're blooming very nicely, at least until the Japanese beetles show up.
This is a Peace rose, the color turns more pinkish as the days go by.
This is a hybrid of some kind. It's a pretty yellow and red. The stems are terribly thorny though.
When I cut off the stems, I stick them down groundhog holes to try to deter them from digging holes around my house!
I've had these roses for years and they keep blooming every year.