Saturday, July 10, 2021

RSC Easy Breezy Blocks

I dug through the 2.5" strip box and pulled out a variety of strips. A lot of them were just dull colors or not very pretty but it was time for them to be cut up and sewn! They'll calm down the brighter yellows. I ended up with 20 8" finished easy breezy blocks.


I also needed to pull more yellows, some of the yellows left in the box are more orange than yellow but they work.

I've counted the blocks, I need 20 more then I'll have enough blocks to make 3 flimsies. I'll sew those 20 next month.

There are some teal strips in the box so in August I'll be sewing the last 20 blocks in teal no matter what color is designated for August.

Linking to Scrap Happy Saturday.

9 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love how you're making those with the darker outside borders. Those are pretty!

Cathy said...

I agree with Diann. The color placement of your EB blocks gives them a whole other unique look!

maggie fellow said...

very nice and I really like making the easy breezy blocks

Maggie said...

Dear Gretchen,
Have the same issue, so no matter what the colour is this month, working on the not so bright colours to make a top for my sister in law. Stopped by at our local quilt shop to see if they had something to add some colour, they had final sale packs with colours and prints in them, Five meters of fabric for fifteen dollars? Three followed me home. Now I can do something with the dull fabrics. Teal is a good colour to brighten up your blocks. Looking forward to seeing your blocks all together. Have a fantastic week.

Jenny said...

Pretty little blocks and easy tonstitch, a winner for sure!

Ivani said...

They are so pretty, Gretchen. ♥
This week I played with my EB blocks also.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Your Easy Breezy blocks look awesome, Gretchen. Such pretty fabrics you are using. I bet these are a whole lot of fun to make. Thank you for sharing and inspiring.

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

very pretty easy breezy blocks!

The Joyful Quilter said...

You are doing such a nice job with your Easy Breezy blocks, Gretchen. Happy stitching!