Sunday, May 30, 2021

Blue Stars Around the Garden

Before I tell you about the quilting that happened this week, I'm going to provide links to the quilting stencils I'm using. Whenever I don't link back to them, someone wants to know where to find a design. Click the name of the design for the link.

The white border design is called Amish Feather Border. The size I'm using is the 7.5" size, it is also available in other sizes.

The applique center design is a 1.75" triangle. This is also available in another size.

The design I'm quilting over the pieced blocks is a 16" Baltimore Grid. This is also available in different sizes.

The 3" finished blue border with the yellow cornerstones is quilted with a 2" twisted rope border. It is also available in different sizes. I could not find the 2" stencil but here is a link to the 2.5" stencil. EZ Stencils come from a local business and are the most common source of stencils in the local fabric/quilt shops. I know I bought my stencil in a local quilt shop. If I had known there was a 2.5" available before I marked my quilt, I would have used that size.

I'm a hand quilter, the stencils I use are all for hand quilting. I have NO idea if they're adaptable for long arm quilting. This was probably more information than you wanted to read about stencils but people keep asking.

Now, onto the quilting!

Last week the right side borders and two of the pieced blocks were quilted.



Both the pieced blocks have fussy cute birds in the center block.

Linking to Link Your Stuff!, Patchwork & QuiltsKathy's Slow Sunday Stitching,  Oh Scrap, Show & Tell Monday, Monday Making, Design Wall Monday, BOM's Away

17 comments:

Kim said...

Thank you for the links to the different stencils, Gretchen. More lovely quilting this week. Those fussy cut birds are sweet.

Brigitte Brigitte said...

Bonjour, de France pres de Paris, j admire vos courtepointes. Quel talent, j aimerai tant les voir en vrai. Magnifique réalisation Brigitte Brigitte

CathieJ said...

Thank you for the stencil links. Have you ever removed hand quilting and changed whay you were doing? I have a small quilt that I started hand-quilting some years ago and I no long like the cross-hatching that I was doing. I would like to change it, but I fear the stitching holes will be visible especially on the solid fabic. I love seeing your updates and they have inspired me to try some other patterns.

Gretchen Weaver said...

I've never removed stitching from an older project. Try a small area and see what it looks like. If you mist the fabric well then press, maybe the hold will close. Or quilt the new design then wash and see what happens. Good luck!

Created by Kathi said...

Gretchen, Your quilting on the blocks you shared of your quilt are awesome! Thanks for sharing the info on the stencils too :) Kathi

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

I love the Stencil Company. Back when we used to have quilt shows in person, I would haunt their booth, usually looking for border designs.

chrisknits said...

Lovely quilting. Now I’m wondering if I can adapt a stencil to a panto by tracing to paper? Just need to work out the path.

Quilter Kathy said...

Thank you for sharing the resources with us... always wonderful to find places that sell quilting stencils!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Pretty fussy cutting, and your hand quilting add a lot of texture. Nearly the end ;) Thanks for the links.
Thank you for linking up today too ;)

Karrin Hurd said...

Gorgeous quilting on this beautiful quilt!

Sarah said...

Beautiful quilting.

Ivani said...

Gorgeous quilting Gretchen.

K Reeves said...

Just beautiful!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Truly beautiful! You sure do get the best out of those stencils!

Quilting Gail said...

Your quilting is to die for!!! AWESOME!!!

QuiltGranma said...

I love the one called Amish feather.

Linda said...

I'm so impressed with your hand quilting! My Granny used to hand quilt, and I have several of her quilts.