I finished hand quilting the vintage Boston Commons quilt this week and I am very, very happy with how she looks!
And a close up of the center section.
Did you see the little bandaid on the quilt? I had a whoops one evening. I went to clip my thread after I had knotted off and slipped it in between the layers of the quilt. I accidentally snipped a little V in the fabric! I can't believe I did this, after all these years of hand quilting, this is the first time this has happened!
As I was quilting I kept thinking about how I was going to fix it. I certainly wasn't going to just whip stitch it in place and add a smidge of fray check. I decided I would make a small hexie flower using 1/2" hexies but the quilt said no way, just one little hexie. So that's what I did, just one little hexie.
Some of those red blocks did bleed through to the backing. I'm hoping the red washes out.
I hadn't been out on the porch long at all when this stink bug had to get into the picture. I see other quilters displaying quilts with their cats or dogs, I get stink bugs!
A picture of the back of the quilt.
Once the binding is finished, into the washer she'll go. I'll show you next Sunday the results.
This Hand Quilt Along is an opportunity for hand quilters and piecers to share and motivate one another. We post every three weeks, to show our progress and encourage one another. If you have a hand quilting project and would like to join our group contact Kathy at the link below.