Sunday, September 6, 2020

Slow Hand Quilting

 Blogger seems to have taken care of the font size discrepancy which makes me happy!

The quilting is completed on the patchwork border and the white border. 


This quilt has some issues besides all the puckers, like an uneven edge! Oh well, that just adds to the charm of the quilt. 

When I quilted the border on the other side of the quilt, I quilted the Baptist fan regular with the fans going the same direction. When I started quilting the side borders, I started alternating the directions of the fans. I liked it that way, so side of the pieced border also has alternating fans. Yes, that mean one border is different but that's ok on this quilt. She likes it that way.

Linking to Patchwork & QuiltsKathy's Slow Sunday Stitching,  Oh Scrap, Show & Tell Monday, Monday Making, Design Wall Monday, BOM's Away

17 comments:

Mad Cat Quilts said...

Lovely Fans!

Created by Kathi said...

I love your progress on getting this one quilted for sure Gretchen.. Have a fun week! Happy slow stitching :D

kathi

Kim said...

I think the discrepancies just add to the charm of this lovely quilt. Those borders are looking great.

CathieJ said...

I have been enjoying watching your progress on this quilt. It is beautiful even with all its problems.

Ray and Jeanne said...

I love watching your progress. I love quilts with character - they all have a story which makes them special. ~Jeanne

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Always love seeing your quilting and isn't it wonderful when quilts speak to us and tell us what they need. Better to embrace the charm than fret over it!

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Hope this comment goes through! The quilting is unique just like the quilt! great work! Hugs

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

well it is an old quilt and you are working wonders on it - it will have its problems but in the end I bet most won't notice

Quilter Kathy said...

This post made me smile from start to finish... I love the quilting you are giving this wonderful scrap quilt!

Karrin Hurd said...

Gorgeous quilting, and you have made it shine, with all its issues!

Marly said...

Beautiful quilting, made even better by the whimsical variations you've worked into it.

Carol in Texas said...

Gretchen, what batt did you put in this quilt? . I am envious of your hand quilting!

Deb A said...

As long as the quilt is happy! It looks great.

Jenny said...

You always do such beautiful quilting, a delight to see.

Caryl @ cinnamon holiday workshop said...

Such beautiful stitching....

The Cozy Quilter said...

Just gorgeous!

QuiltGranma said...

Loving it!