Friday, September 4, 2020

Starting Blue Stars Around the Garden

 Last winter I pieced a Stars Around the Garden flimsy which I donated to be quilted for a fundraising auction. The proceeds supports the school our Pennsylvania grandchildren attend. Here's a link to that project.

In that post I mention that I want to make a Stars Around the Garden quilt in fabrics I really like, blues and white of course! I've started using my favorite combination of blues and whites but throwing in a little yellow for contrast. 

I'm also fussy cutting all the centers. I really like how they look.





There are 14 12" finished pieced blocks in total, half of them will include yellow. 

This is the 3rd quilt I've pieced from this pattern. The pattern includes an applique border option instead of the pieced border. The pieced border was used in the other two quilts, this time I'm appliqueing the border.

Linking to Peacock Party, Put Your Foot  Down, Whoop Whoop PartyTGIFF!, Finished Or Not Friday, Brag About Your Beauties, UFO Busting

13 comments:

Created by Kathi said...

Gretchen I love your creativity used in creating these yellow white and blue blocks.. they are simply delightful.. I look forward to this round of that quilt idea :)
Kathi

maggie fellow said...

beautiful fabrics and I really like the centers

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

This is going to be a stunner Gretchen! You will love this quilt when finished! Hugs

grammajudyb said...

Looking forward to seeing this lovely finished!

Quilting Babcia said...

These blue star blocks are so sweet. I love the blue-white-yellow combinations and your fussy cut centers. I can envision this in a country farmhouse with whitewashed walls and lace curtains blowing in a summer's breeze.

Robin said...

Lovely blocks, you can't go wrong with blue and yellow.

Jenny said...

So lovely, blue, white and a touch of yellow is a delightful combination.

Quilting Gail said...

Very pretty!!! The blues are wonderful (as usual) and the pops of yellow are perfect!
Happy Quilting! :-)

Susan said...

How pretty those are!

karenbbsnow said...

Very pretty Gretchen, looks like a fun pattern to make.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

These are beautiful blocks!! It sorta makes a dreamy quilt!!

QuiltGranma said...

Oh, delicious! Love the center of that last star especially!

Denise @fortheloveofgeese said...

I love blue and yellow quilts, this is going to be so very lovely. Thank you for linking up to Put your foot down.