This was a busy week so I only completed two Elegant Garden blocks. It takes time to stitch around all the leaves!
I like all of this block except for the flower. I wish now I would have just come up with my own design. I had tried to improve the block by adding the embroidery but it's a disapointment. Oh well.
This block ticks all the squares but it took me several days to get it quilted.
I did not stitch around the yellow circles, too many thicknesses of fabric under it.
I was in Wakarusa last week. The downtown flower garden has been completely cleaned up and tilled. Those red dahlias were a disappointment, they just weren't colorful. Hopefully next year's flowers will be more vibrant.
Then I stopped at Grandma's Pantry, their flowerbed was alive with color! The begonias and dusty Miller plants were bright and cheerful with color. I couldn't tell if they mums were planted or if they had pots sitting in the center. They look nice which ever way they are.
Here is another picture of Elegant Garden. Row two is completed and I rolled the quilt stick. I quilted the seamline between the two rows then rolled again. Row three is the center row, I've started quilting the pineapple block.
Elegant Garden is designed by Edyta Sitar, Laundry Basket Quilts.
Linking to Patchwork & Quilts, Kathy's Slow Stitching Sunday, Stitching Stuff, Oh Scrap, Sew & Tell, Handmade Monday, Craftastic Monday, Design Wall Monday, Monday Musings, To Do Tuesday
No comments:
Post a Comment