Wednesday, September 16, 2026

Framed Squares, the Other Baby Quilt

 The second baby quilt is now quilted, the binding attached and the quilt washed. The finished quilt measures 46.5" which is rather strange because it has the same number of blocks all cut the same size as the Berenstein Bear quilt and that one finished at 47.5.


For this baby quilt I used fabrics left from the Twinkle quilt. For some reason the fabrics in the Twinkle picture have a yellow tint. This baby quilt has the correct shades color.  

I used the same quilting as the Berenstein Bear quilt. I had made way too much binding for the Twinkle quilt which was used to finish this quilt.

The backing is this dotted fabric which I had on hand. 

I'm pleased with both quilts, hopefully they will receive a lot of use for the babies.

Linking to To Do Tuesday, Wednesday Weight Loss, I Quilted This, Put Your Foot Down, TGIFF, Finished Or Not Friday, Off the Wall Friday, Beauty Pageant, Patchwork & Quilts

4 comments:

Donna said...

Another super cute and easy baby quilt! I need to make a few of these with my leftovers. Thank you for the inspiration.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Another finish! It is just as pretty as the first!

Barwitzki said...

These are wonderful fabrics for your second baby quilt—the binding and the backing are great, too.
Both quilts will bring the recipients a lot of joy.
Sending you warm regards.
Viola

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Such a darling quilt. From a distance it has a shabby chic vibe. How wonderful that you were able to use some leftover fabrics too. Beautiful job, Gretchen. Have a blessed day. Hugs.