Sunday, June 2, 2024

Hearts & Wreaths

Today I'm posting pictures that show 2 quiltings across the quilt. I hope you understand what I'm saying. The pictures show approximately half of the blocks, the bottom half. I'm pushing myself to finish this quilt, I'm ready to take a quilting break for the summer.






At the bottom of the blocks is the seam line. Last week I had quilted almost to the line. This week I quilted and rolled, the seam line is actually rolled. This way you can see more of the quilting. 

I only need to quilt the other sides of the blocks. Instead of rolling, I'm going to move my chair to the other side of the quilt and quilt on that side.

What does this really mean? It means I'm really close to a finish!


Last week I was in Wakarusa, the quilt garden is planted and growing. We've had an abundancy of rain this spring and the garden is off to a great start. Click here to read about the Quilt Gardens.


Linking to Kathys Slow Stitching Sunday, Stitching Stuff, Oh Scrap, Handmade Monday, Sew & Tell, Craftastic Monday, Design Wall Monday, Monday MusingsTo Do Tuesday


14 comments:

Kate said...

Hope you can finish off the quilting soon. You've made such consistent progress on it this spring.

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Gorgeous scraps and beautiful quilting! The finish line is near!

Linda said...

Yay on the quilting! You've been so dedicated to it. Love the quilt garden, so pretty and unique.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Hooray that you are closing in on the finish for quilting! I enjoyed seeing a photo of the quilt garden for this year too.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I've caught up on your posts,Gretchen. Radiant Blues is so well named!! And how wonderful to be nearing the end of quilting this wonderful quilt also. Those quilt gardens are so beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

CathieJ said...

Your quilting is beautiful. I love the pattern that was planted for this year's quilt garden. So pretty.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

It is so exciting to hear that you are nearing a finish, Gretchen. It is looking amazing! I love seeing the garden quilt; I was thinking about this garden and was meaning to ask you about it. It is a joy to see it each year. Have a wonderful day. Hugs.

Karrin Hurd said...

How great that you are almost near a finish Gretchen. The gardens are beautiful~ Thanks for sharing!

Deb A said...

So exciting to be near the finish line on your quilt. It is stunning.

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Such a pretty colorful quilt! And so close to finish!!! The quilt flower garden is looking beautiful, too!!!

time4stitchn said...

Oh, I am so happy for you to get to the other side of the last row. You have been a very busy girl! GO GO Go I am cheering you on! Glad to hear you have had lots of rain and hope your crops are growing as well.

Melva said...

You're approaching the finish line! Yay. 👏👏👏 Thanks for sharing in my Sew and Tell party.

Carol Andrews said...

Gretchen it’s so much fun to see how close you are to finishing the quilting on your stunning quilt. Thank you for sharing the info on the Quilt Garden. I quite enjoyed seeing it. Good luck on making more progress this week. Thank you for linking with To Do Tuesday. 😉 Carol

dq said...

Love it! It makes me want to plant my own little quilt garden.