Thursday, May 30, 2024

Radiant Blues Flimsy

Radiant Blues is now a flimsy! Have mentioned how much I enjoy this quilt?!

I don't know why the white fabric has a yellow tint, the next picture should look better but it doesn't 😕. 

It was a very bright and sunny day, perhaps the bright sun made the problem?

I didn't realize these pictures were this way until I wrote this post. Ordinarily I would take new pictures but I've already delivered the quilt to Colleen for quilting. You'll just have to wait until it's quilted for a better photo.

Radiant Blues measures 78" square before quilting. The pattern for Radiant Blue(s) is found in the January/February 2007 issue of Fons & Porter's Love of Quilting magazine and is designed by Marsha McCloskey. 

I changed the pattern to make my quilt but the general effect is still the same. I didn't use Marsha's directions to piece the stars, I foundation paper pieced them using the 16" pattern found here at Threaded Quilting Studio. 

Radiant Blues was one of the projects listed in my 2024 Quilting Plan back in January. 

Linking to Midweek Makers, Wednesday Wait Loss, Needle & Thread Thursday, Put Your Foot Down, TGIFF!, Finished or Not  Friday, Off the Wall Friday, Beauty Pageant, Patchwork & Quilts


21 comments:

Linda said...

Wow it's big! And beautiful!! Looking forward to seeing it quilted, I guess you already have the binding planned? I have saved your information and hope to do this quilt "someday". I just love it.

Jennifer Fulton Inquiring Quilter said...

Gorgeous! A work of art. I can't wait to see how your quilter quilts it. What a lovely quilt. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/05/29/wednesday-wait-loss-382

time4stitchn said...

Beautiful quilt top! Blue and white quilts always look so crisp and fresh and at the same time relaxing. I think the blues make me think of water. Love the feathered stars. I was thinking you would add the print from the centers for the border, but I do love the dark blue contrast. Excellent!

Barwitzki said...

Wow :-)
What a great blanket. If I look at your photo I can't even guess the size.
It's wonderful work.
I look forward to seeing them quilted.
Do you wash the fabric before quilting?
Hug to you.

viridian said...

Beautiful, and great work with triangles and diamonds.

Jenny said...

Radiant Blues looks wonderful.

cityquilter grace said...

oh stunning really stunning....i absolutely love it

Ray and Jeanne said...

This is gorgeous! The blues and white are stunning and your stars are perfect! I really like the sashing and cornerstones too. ~Jeanne

Lin said...

It's beautiful! I love it. xx

Pam said...

Just amazing!!

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Awesome finish, so far! I can't wait to see it quilted up!!!

Chrisknits said...

It's going to be a gorgeous quilt!! I love paper piecing Feather stars, so precise.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

What an awesome finish! Those blues really do radiate!

Nann said...

I've admired every part of this project as you've written about it. It is beautiful!!

Mystic Quilter said...

Oh you were brave with these beautiful stars! Congratulations on
now having this amazing finished top. I've just hopped down to your stunning hearts and wreath, love it, you must have patience galore!

Elizabeth V Kelbaugh said...

Fabulous show of feathered stars and especially in blues and white. Gorgeous top.

Vicki in MN said...

Everything about this quilt is just gorgeous, no wonder you really enjoy it!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Wow, the dark border is perfect, what a beautiful quilt! Happy dance for the finish! Thank you so much for sharing your gorgeous work.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

A work of art!!!! Sometimes whites are the hardest to photograph - usually natural light helps ;-)
Can't wait to see how she quilts this one!!!!

Rebecca Grace said...

Your Radiant Blues is spectacular, Gretchen! The sunlight is reflecting off trees and grass and who knows what else to cast that yellowish color onto your white fabric. I just downloaded and edited your photos with a white balance color correction and emailed the revised photos back to you. If they look more like your quilt does in real life, you can use those photos in place of the ones that disappointed you. Can't wait to see this stunner after it's quilted!

dq said...

It is absolutely stunning!!
I could stare at it for hours!