Sunday, March 10, 2024

Hearts & Wreaths

Another week of hand quilting on the Hearts & Wreaths quilt. It's probably boring for you to see the pictures each week, you don't really see a lot of progress but it's happening. I'm half-way finished with the 2nd row. When the 2nd row is completed, the quilt is halfway finished!

I'm showing the pictures differently today, I'm posting them from the right side to the left. I'm not show the outside borders because I showed them to you last Sunday.







For some reason all the above pictures show some pink on the yellow fabric. It's not there is real life, the fabrics have NOT bled!

Here is a link to my first post about Hearts & Wreaths. 

And here is a link to the Hearts & Wreaths pattern in Quiltmania magazine.

Linking to Kathys Slow Stitching Sunday, Stitching Stuff, Oh Scrap, Handmade Monday, Sew & Tell, Design Wall Monday, Craftastic Monday, Monday Musings, To Do Tuesday

21 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

Your quilting is amazing and sets off your lovely appliqué perfectly.

Kate said...

You've made very steady progress with the quilting. Wishing you good progress this week too.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Your tiny even stitches are making that beautiful top into a gorgeous quilt! Do you keep a callous on your fingers or do your fingers get sore with all that stitching? I'm cheering you forward with each post you share and I'm amazed at how quickly you make progress!

Maggie said...

Dear Gretchen,

What fun it is to play I spy with all the bright and beautiful fabrics you have used. Have a wonderful day.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it looks beautiful

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

On the contrary, it is never boring to see your beautiful quilt in progress. Every time I see your hand quilting , I want to grab my needle and thread. I love this quilt , Gretchen. The blocks are so cheerful and colorful. Enjoy your day.

Karrin Hurd said...

Always love to see your gorgeous quilting!

Jill said...

This reader is not bored with hearts and wreath progress. It demonstrates continuation leads to completion. I appreciate the outline quilting close to the hearts and leaves as it 'lifts' them from the backing almost as if you did trapunto.

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Gretchen, what beautiful stitching. Your quilt is wonderful!

Quilter Kathy said...

I love these photos! Thanks for taking the time to share them! I love looking at the fabrics (I adore that orange chicken wire fabric!) and the pretty quilting stitches - total yumminess!

Sarah said...

So beautiful and never boring to see your progress!

Jenny said...

I love to see your quilting progress on this gorgeous quilt.

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Wonderful progress with your hand quilting. This will be one special quilt.

Jeanna said...

Your hand quilting is gorgeous and combined with the perfect applique', it is all stunning!

CathieJ said...

I love seeing all the beautiful fabrics on this quilt as you share your quilting.

Linda said...

I never get tired of seeing this quilt! Your stitching is just beautiful.

Miaismine said...

What a lovely quilt! Your hand stitching talent amazes me!

Sum of their Stories said...

Never boring and always a pleasure to look at this beautiful design over and over again! :-D

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

Absolutely beautiful work!

Brenda @ Songbird Designs said...

This quilt is absolutely stunning, Gretchen. It's great to be almost half-way finished. I know it takes a lot of time. Thanks for sharing with Monday Musings!