Friday, February 25, 2022

Double Delight

The rolling stone blocks are all pieced and I've started arranging the blocks on the display floor. I don't have room to distribute all the blocks but most of them are arranged.


The blocks finish at 9" and on point measure 12.75". The rolling stone blocks are arranged 7 across and 8 blocks down. 

I need to cut the inset corner triangles then sewing the blocks into rows will start.

Once the center is completely sewn together, I'll decide what I'm going to do about a border.

Double Delight is a free Bonnie Hunter pattern from her website. Scroll down to the bottom of the page where the old mysteries are listed.

Linking to Put Your Foot Down, Needle & Thread ThursdayPeacock Party, TGIFF!, Finished Or Not Friday, Off the Wall Friday, Brag About Your Beauties, Patchwork & QuiltsOh Scrap

13 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

the blues and yellows look really great together

Nann said...

Your DD colorway is super. That's still my favorite Quiltville mystery.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

It looks so pretty! Love the colors!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Wow, lovely blocks all together!

Gemini Jen NZ said...

That is going to be totally stunning (blue and gold is one of my fave colour combos!)

Quilting Gail said...

It's looking fantastic! Double Delight has always been on my bucket list ... my bucket list is LONG!!! In the meantime, I'm enjoying watching yours come together! :-)

Lakegaldonna said...

Gorgeous Gretchen! I really love your colors, blue girl.

Donna (Jane) in snowy WI

mereth said...

This is really looking good!

Sharon Kwilter said...

It's beautiful. I'm definitely going to have to do that one as a leader-ender project.

Rebecca Grace said...

WOW, Gretchen! Those blocks look spectacular all laid out. Your mix of light and dark blues gives so much life and makes it shimmer. Another masterpiece in progress for sure!

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Looking great Gretchen!!! Still love that blue and yellow! So bright and sunny! Hugs.

Yvonne said...

Just gorgeous!

Sandy Panagos said...

Wow! That is beautiful.