Friday, June 25, 2021

Sauder Quilt Show

The first week of May, three vaccinated friends and I set forth on a journey. Our destination and purpose, Archbold, Ohio, to view the quilts exhibited at the 2021 Sauder Quilt show.

I did take pictures of the Best of Show quilts but I'm not going to highlight them. The pictures in the link are better than what I took, Best of Show Quilts. Most of the quilts I'm highlighting didn't win a ribbon, but a lot of them did.

I took photos of quilts and also the information about the quilt. I don't know how to make the information appear next to the side of the quilt picture so the information about the quilt appears underneath the photo.

I'll make a few comments about some of the quilts and no, I didn't only take pictures of the blue and white quilts.

This quilt is one that is on my list of to be made quilts.

As the spring season slowly emerges, I love the variety of green that appears as the soil slowly wakes up. I always think I need to make a green quilt. 


I loved this quilt, it's hand quilted! So many ideas for me to use in the future.














This is also another quilt on my someday list.












And a close up of Cheryl's quilt.

There were so many beautiful quilts at the show. I could have taken pictures of a hundred more quilts.

I really think this was their best quilt show ever!



There were several quilts on the display in the lobby made by the quilt shop but I only took pictures of these two. Kits were available for purchase.

I had a wonderful day out with my friends. We dined at the Barn Restaurant, it was so nice to eat a hot meal that I didn't have to cook! On the way home we stopped in Angola, Indiana at the Angola Quilt Shop. Lynn and I indulged in some fabric therapy while there.

Linking to Peacock Party, Whoop Whoop PartyTGIFF!, Finished Or Not Friday, Off the Wall Friday, Brag About Your Beauties, UFO Busting

16 comments:

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

A lot of beautiful quilts! Thanks for sharing these beauties!

MissPat said...

Wow, what a great collection of intricate quilt designs. Those are the kind I drool over, but know I'd never have the patience or skill to make.
Pat

chrisknits said...

Beautiful quilts! Glad you enjoyed your day.

Ray and Jeanne said...

Such gorgeous quilts! What a fun day you had. Thanks for sharing. ~Jeanne

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Gretchen! What a fabulously fun outing. Some of those quilt pictures are just so beautiful. Even the most simple of them makes me want to make a version. And, spending priceless time with your friends over a hot meal not cooked by you is the frosting on the cake. {{Hugs}} So glad you were able to do this and share with us! ~smile~ Roseanne

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

so nice to go to a quilt show! isn't it great to say I'm vaccinated I can have fun again!

Created by Kathi said...

I am see glad you shared your visit to Saunders village quilt show with us! How amazing they all are! I am sew inspired now! Did you walk away with any 1 fave? I followed your link to best of shows snd was happy to see lots of different styles included and some hand quilted ones too! Your photos with info following were great though !!!! I loved the layout!!! I love the sewing room view quilt a lot but I love soooo many of them… I once went to an aqs quilt show when I was living in fla… these are much more realistic and attainable than the bling ones I saw there… thanks so much for sharing… now show your fabric haul from the show/ quilt shop too!!! Kathi

Michelle @ From Bolt to Beauty said...

FUN! I love that life is getting back to normal. Good for you for going out and about with quilty friends!

grammajudyb said...

Glad you were able to have a girl’s day and have an enjoyable time. Thanks for the link to the quilt show!.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Thse are all so gorgeous!! and!! how great to see them in person!!!

Florida Farm Girl said...

Looks like you have a wonderful day out. I missed the Pigeon Forge show because I didn't even know it was being held this year. Been a long time since I've been to a show and who knows how much longer. Sometimes I get inspiration and sometimes I get overwhelmed at shows.

Ivani said...

So Glad you had a wonderful day. These quilts are wonderful.

Rebecca Grace said...

Oh, wow! I'm so glad you got to attend a live quilt show, and it looks like there were incredible quilts on display. Thank you so much for sharing the show with us!

Sylvia said...

Lucky you going to a quilt show! I am not brave enough yet, but maybe later in the fall.

QuiltGranma said...

Thank you for taking us along on this quilt show of the best...!

Lynette said...

Thank you for sharing all these fabulous quilts, Gretchen. (and for the accompanying identification cards - I love reading those for quilts I admire)