Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Lady Jane Blocks

The last 14 blocks for Lady Jane have been pieced. As you can see, I'm using a variety of background fabrics. The fabric that reads 'white' is a very light gray fabric.


All I need to do now is finish the applique center and I can sew the quilt together! I'm planning on the applique taking the rest of the summer.

The pattern for Lady Jane is available here.

I'm sure everyone is aware that as of July 1, Feedburner will no longer be available to receive blog posts by email. A lot of bloggers are scurrying to change and I've even read of one blogger who will no longer be blogging.

I'm going to keep blogging but I haven't switched to a new service. My daughter will be visiting in a month or so, I'll let her do the technical work. Which means, if you follow me by email, you won't be receiving my posts after today.

You'll need to either bookmark my blog and check for new posts on Sunday, Tuesday, Friday and Saturday or look for me at one of the linky parties.

Update: I just had a follower send me the information that my email deliveries are sent by Google, not Feedburner so I'll see what happens. If my followers still receive my posts by email, I'll put the follow by email link back up. *** I just had another person comment that Feedburner is Google. We'll all find out what happens July 1st!

Linking to To Do Tuesday, Midweek Makers, Stitch, Sew & Show, Wednesday Wait Loss, Put Your Foot Down

15 comments:

Created by Kathi said...

I hope your daughter can find a solution Gretchen! Let us know what or if she discovers one! Love your blocks by the way and can’t wait to see your appliqué progress!

Kathi

Linda said...

Lady Jane looks so pretty with the scrappy neutrals background! I look forward to seeing your applique.

Rebecca Grace said...

Ooh, Gretchen, these blocks are beautiful on their own, but now I’ve gone and looked at the pattern — I love the appliqué center that you’ll be working on next!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love your blue blocks. I don't usually follow blogs by email but put them on my feedly reader - it updates several times a day to let you know someone has a new blog post

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

I'm enjoying watching these multiply! Good luck this week! With another blogger's help (Anne-Marie from Stories From the Sewing Room--she has a whole post on it), I was able to move over to Mailchimp if your daughter wants to look into that. I despise doing technical stuff but I fumbled my way through it okay.

Quilting Gail said...

Love your blocks! I went and looked at the quilt pattern ... BEAUTIFUL!!! and it's no wonder the applique will take you all summer. It'll be a stunning quilt!

Debbiegsp said...

I’m so excited to watch your progress on the Lady Jane quilt. I ordered the pattern, but cannot start it until I finish several other tops. I am very interested in adapting the quilt to a larger size, so I will enlarge the churn dashes as you have. Please continue to give your adjustments on how to cut the center so it will all fit together. Thanks so much for sharing your hard work. This quilt is going to be so lovely! And I plan to hand quilt it!

Ivani said...

Lady Jane is beautiful, and I love your blocks, Gretchen.
I add the blocks I follow on my feedly reader, works very well for me.

Preeti said...

Beautiful blocks, Gretchen. Love the variety of blues. I am urging my readers to switch to Bloglovin. I am not going to dwell too much on it. They found me before and I am sure they can find me again.

Ray and Jeanne said...

Your blocks are gorgeous! I love the scrappy blues and the scrappy backgrounds. I switched from Feedburner to Follow.it. It was very easy. My understanding is that feed burner will still work but will not be maintained and no one new can sign up for it. Good luck! ~Jeanne

Sharon Kwilter said...

That pattern is lovely and it's going together really nicely. I look forward to seeing the finish. If I didn't have such a long queue of future projects, I would be tempted.

For the love of geese said...

Uncertainty is the worst, hope it all works out with minimal fuss. I love your blocks and will have to check out the pattern to see what it will look like. For my Tree of Life quilt I'm leaning heavily towards an applique border, we will see.

Scrapatches said...

Beautiful blocks! Looking forward to seeing more of your quilt. I have not had time to figure out the email subscription going forward, so I will be working on this, too, in July. Thank you for sharing in my linky party ... :) Pat

Jennifer Fulton Inquiring Quilter said...

What a lovely quilts this will be! I look forward to watching to applique that center. It's so pretty. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

chrisknits said...

Love these blocks. It will be such a pretty quilt. Thanks for linking up with To-Do Tuesday!